Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 picture included.. the story people didnt believe >

picture included.. the story people didnt believe

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

picture included.. the story people didnt believe

Old 10-03-2007, 04:27 AM

Default picture included.. the story people didnt believe

i know what yall are thinkin... how the hell do you get shot by a bow string... i hear people get shot by arrows because some ignorant hunter wants to tag a deer or some peta member tries to figure out how much damage an arrow can really do... but how to get shot by a bow string? your guess was aswell as mine until i found out thati really meant it when i said every time i go into the woods I learn something new.well, it begins that me and two guys i work with decided to go bow hunt a local wma about 45 min away from where we live. its our first time goin there so the directions are wrong and we miss the sign in stand and proceed to find a spot to turn around. of course the driver of our truck decides to turn around under a little 2 lane road bridge. ok, we said. a f-150 with new tires, we got it, lets do it. westop before we go under whenwe find two dogs who got left by some peta person for a better lifeeating deer **** and bathing in dump water instead ofbeing under shelter and eatinnutritious food. they hop in the back and we close it up. so we proceed under the bridge..... except that when we go under his tires arent so new and we slip off the "road". we slide off the road into a river. so while were stuck with the left side of the truck underwater,we decide that while were on the border of the wma to go hunt. we wade across the nipple freezing creek to cross into the wma and tromp a couple of miles through the wma swampto get into land where we could actually walk. we stalk about1.5 miles in the wma when my truck-driving friend figures out his cheap,first year bow hunting, self-allignedpeep sight isnt alligned with his pins or anywhere near the direction where his arrows were goin. feelin bad for his misfortunes and bad luck so far, i decide to help him out with his peep. it had to be fixed at full draw and that was the only way to realign it with his pins and arrow with the way his bow is set up. he holds his bow at full draw and i proceed, like a deer in headlights, to center his peep to fix in on his pins... of course, you know what happens, he accidentally lets go, but this really is the most accident prone kid ive ever met in my life. my hand is right there to catch his bow string from dry firing as it busts some blood vesels in my hand. i had to cut it open with a knife to bleed it out so i could still kinda use my hand a few hours later.

after i cut my hand to bleed outand and we scounted out a few stand spots (i couldnt hold a bow so i was basically a guide with a knife, goin first through rattlesnake territory) and wescared a few does, we figured out where the bedding spots on the wma are and the travel routes they use. we found a way in without spooking them when we made an odd, random way to the road. the driver of our river stricken truckflagged down a dual wheel truck and rode off for about 45 min while me and the other guy carried all the equipment the 3 miles (we had a gps) back to the truck. he finally shows up after we wait an additional 2 hours for some old dude in a tractor to pull up. while we were waitin for him, we fanned out in the 90 degree shade while our friend went to a few stores and rode in a truck to find the nice man with the tractor. when they got there, the guy who got our truck stuck and shot me in the hand was playin with an arrow and shoved the broadhead into my temple when he was standing up to get out of the truck, by accicident again…. i didnt realize itor thatthe bleeding was so bad till i walked in to buy a powerade and some beer (by which this point i more than deserved) and the attendant first aided my ass. it was more than an experience. i always want to learn something when i go out into the woods... but at this point i know where to go when i head out to bow hunt and i know who not to hunt with during gun season
the dogs were fine. hopped out of the truck while we were being puled out, picture above, thankfully the locas were so nice to pulls us out. im at one of the front tractor wheels while we were pulling out. here is yalls proof that my friend should not be allowed in the woods ever again!

cant figure out how to get email pic to site.. help!
Old 10-03-2007, 04:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: picture included.. the story people didnt believe

You're traveling through another dimension -- a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's a signpost up ahead: your next stop: the Twilight Zone!
You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Twilight Zone.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call "The Twilight Zone".
Old 10-03-2007, 04:44 AM

while i was caught up in it i thought it was the twighlight zone... cant figure how to load pic to page... when i got back home i was just awestruck about what happened... i didnt want to go outdoors again.... other people have read the post but this one is both threads posted together. dont know how to load pic of the local pullin us out of the river with his tractor while we were in the river....
Old 10-03-2007, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

I think I hear a banjo playing...
Old 10-03-2007, 05:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Edit your post. Down at the bottom you see a box that you can choose to change the photo or add it, what ever the case may be. Upload the photo and whala it should be there. GITRDONE!
Old 10-03-2007, 05:45 AM
Bartender

Email me [email protected] I will post it
ORIGINAL: gpower1

i know what yall are thinkin... how the hell do you get shot by a bow string... i hear people get shot by arrows because some ignorant hunter wants to tag a deer or some peta member tries to figure out how much damage an arrow can really do... but how to get shot by a bow string? your guess was aswell as mine until i found out thati really meant it when i said every time i go into the woods I learn something new.well, it begins that me and two guys i work with decided to go bow hunt a local wma about 45 min away from where we live. its our first time goin there so the directions are wrong and we miss the sign in stand and proceed to find a spot to turn around. of course the driver of our truck decides to turn around under a little 2 lane road bridge. ok, we said. a f-150 with new tires, we got it, lets do it. westop before we go under whenwe find two dogs who got left by some peta person for a better lifeeating deer **** and bathing in dump water instead ofbeing under shelter and eatinnutritious food. they hop in the back and we close it up. so we proceed under the bridge..... except that when we go under his tires arent so new and we slip off the "road". we slide off the road into a river. so while were stuck with the left side of the truck underwater,we decide that while were on the border of the wma to go hunt. we wade across the nipple freezing creek to cross into the wma and tromp a couple of miles through the wma swampto get into land where we could actually walk. we stalk about1.5 miles in the wma when my truck-driving friend figures out his cheap,first year bow hunting, self-allignedpeep sight isnt alligned with his pins or anywhere near the direction where his arrows were goin. feelin bad for his misfortunes and bad luck so far, i decide to help him out with his peep. it had to be fixed at full draw and that was the only way to realign it with his pins and arrow with the way his bow is set up. he holds his bow at full draw and i proceed, like a deer in headlights, to center his peep to fix in on his pins... of course, you know what happens, he accidentally lets go, but this really is the most accident prone kid ive ever met in my life. my hand is right there to catch his bow string from dry firing as it busts some blood vesels in my hand. i had to cut it open with a knife to bleed it out so i could still kinda use my hand a few hours later.

after i cut my hand to bleed outand and we scounted out a few stand spots (i couldnt hold a bow so i was basically a guide with a knife, goin first through rattlesnake territory) and wescared a few does, we figured out where the bedding spots on the wma are and the travel routes they use. we found a way in without spooking them when we made an odd, random way to the road. the driver of our river stricken truckflagged down a dual wheel truck and rode off for about 45 min while me and the other guy carried all the equipment the 3 miles (we had a gps) back to the truck. he finally shows up after we wait an additional 2 hours for some old dude in a tractor to pull up. while we were waitin for him, we fanned out in the 90 degree shade while our friend went to a few stores and rode in a truck to find the nice man with the tractor. when they got there, the guy who got our truck stuck and shot me in the hand was playin with an arrow and shoved the broadhead into my temple when he was standing up to get out of the truck, by accicident again…. i didnt realize itor thatthe bleeding was so bad till i walked in to buy a powerade and some beer (by which this point i more than deserved) and the attendant first aided my ass. it was more than an experience. i always want to learn something when i go out into the woods... but at this point i know where to go when i head out to bow hunt and i know who not to hunt with during gun season
the dogs were fine. hopped out of the truck while we were being puled out, picture above, thankfully the locas were so nice to pulls us out. im at one of the front tractor wheels while we were pulling out. here is yalls proof that my friend should not be allowed in the woods ever again!

cant figure out how to get email pic to site.. help!