Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 D'ck.s Sporting Goods >

D'ck.s Sporting Goods

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

D'ck.s Sporting Goods

Old 10-02-2007, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default D'ck.s Sporting Goods

OK ,
I was in D'ck.s the other night and went to go draw back the Bear Truth, because of all of the good things i had heard about it andI have been looking for a backup bow. I have never seen a ty strap on a bow in Dick.s before soI go to pull it back and it was connected to the cable slide and both of them pop off. The new clerk asked me ifI dry fired the bow andI said no, but i didnt see the ty strap and it popped the cable slide off, and that there was no harm done. He says ok and takes it to the back to put in the press to reinstall the cable slide. I have never seen that had to be done to reinstall a cable slide before and wait patiently for him to step out soI can draw it back. He comes back out and says i dont have time to do this now. The store was completely empty. It really hit a nerve with me andI am pretty good friends with the manager there.Iam debating whether tosay something to him about this or not. I just want to make sureI am not blowing this out of proportion.[&:]
Old 10-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ****.s Sporting Goods

All the bows at those stores around here are zip tied so you can't draw them.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:49 PM

no your right
Old 10-02-2007, 06:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Most are tied here too and I don't blame them, some really idiots out there.

In your case, I wouldn't have tolerated that rudeness from the employee.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

No! customer satisfaction there at all so I would repot it.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:51 PM

stores like that can put some real idiots in the archery department. He probably just didnt know how to fix it.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:53 PM

Customer satisfaction is numero uno in retail stores. Regardless of whether he was busy, he should have allowed you to draw the bow back.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you're interested in drawing a bow in an archery shop/department, who ever is there should allow you to or make the time to accommodate you. I'd let management know. If you were seriously considering purchasing that bow, let them know that you're taking your business to someone with the time to help you out.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:52 PM

i use to work at dicks in the hunting section before i quit that worthless place. they told us if we were busy that we should not take the time to cut and insert the inserts in arrows because it takes too much time and they lose sales. i no longer go there unless i have to
Old 10-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

It's not just the archery dept at d'cks. Not to direct away from the archery dept, but when you ask the guy for a size 6 shoe (for my son) he's not suppose to ask if a 4 1/2 will do - and then refuse to call the other stores to check on their stock because he's busy, and there are no other customers around. Apparently they have problems all the way around.

Quick Reply: D'ck.s Sporting Goods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.