Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How'd you do in '06? >

How'd you do in '06?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How'd you do in '06?

Old 10-02-2007, 11:16 AM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: How'd you do in '06?

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

Any time I get to hunt makes it a good year for me. I set no goals for myself other than just to go out an enjoy the outdoors. IfI kill a deer or two along the way it's fine but I don't use that as a guide to whether I've have a good year or not. Last year I killed a lot of deer, the year before that, not so many, this year...only time will tell. either way it will be a good year.
No BigJ...you WILL kill a monster this year that will pitty all years before! And it will count toward Team SBD!!
Ok...ok, I'll give it the ole "college effort"......If I can remember back that far.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

06, I didnt do worth a chit....

07, Not worth a chit so far....
Old 10-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

06 was an awesome year for myself. I had a totall of three weekends that I could hunt, on October 13th, my second weekend, I drilled a hawg bodied nine pointer. The last weekend I that I had available I went out with a camera and saw a 14 point nontypical. It was in such heavy brushI never would have gotten a shot.

07--looks great. I have three goals. 1) Get my kid brother an opportuntity at a big boy, its his first year bowhunting at the age of 14. 2) get my dad into some serious rut action, he has a disabled (crossbow) liscence now due to shoulder injury(we finally convinced him to get the permit). He has never bowhunted but has doneplenty of gun hunting. he has never connected witha really big deer tho--I will see if I can make that change.

and 3) enjoy the beauty of the fall, drink up every minute of my time outdoors, relax and watch wildlife. I am excited about getting an opportunity too--I havea hunch this will be a fall to remember for myself.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Quite frankly, I didn't do worth a rats hind quarters last year! The wife put a whomping on me last year with a 120 class buck and the grandson already has a 120 class this year. So the pressure is on. It wouldn't be bad if they did not make fun of me and call me,Mr has been big buck hunter!
I think Im going try Meditation and Chanting this year to prep for my hunts!
I passed on a lot of small bucks and had a great time just being in the woods last year. (required to state by man law if you get tag soup)

Old 10-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, in 06 I took a quality buck in my honey hole. I put a friend on his first buck in many years removing a monkey from his back. I traveled and hunted with a good friend.

No in 07, But it's early.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

last year w/ bow went well. Took a rack buck and doe with the bow and missed one. A buck around here is a good thing... nice little 8.
2 with the gun too. Nice mature doe and nice heavy 6 point.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:38 AM

This was a descent buck to the area I was hunting. My only buck of last year>

Sorry Bout the small pics! Not sure whats going on.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

Only got 2 does last year. One in archery and one in Gun. I already have 2 doe this year so things are looking better so far. I really want to get a buck that is in the 120's, 130's or better this year. I plan on passing up anything under 120.