Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I need  GAME WARDEN >

I need GAME WARDEN

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I need GAME WARDEN

Old 09-30-2007, 03:28 PM
Spike

Default I need GAME WARDEN

My buddy shot nice 8 point last night but hit the shoulder pretty good. The arrow did not pass through and the deer pulled it out about 60 yards from where he was shot. About 8 inchs of the arrow had good blood and we had a decent trail. With only hitting one lung we wanted to let the deer sit so we left the woods and came back this morning. After about 6 hours of looking my friend found a gut pile. A man said his nieghbor picked the deer up earlier that morning. My friend caught the guy pulling into his driveway and asked him about it. The guy said that all the land is posted and there is no hunting. My buddy respectfully left without his deer. Now keep in mind we hunt legally on private land about 1/4 mile from where the deer died. I'm not sure what the rule is about a deer running onto posted land but I do know you need to call a game warden before you gut and takea deer without tagging it. I feel really bad because it was a nice deer and my buddy lost a big 8 last year. We lost the blood trail when he made a deathrun across a field and a street. We are in chester county, can anyone help?
Old 09-30-2007, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I need GAME WARDEN

Call the GAME Warden.. Best thing you can do.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

in minnesota, if the land is posted you either have to get permissions from the land owner or have a wardent with you andyou cannot bring a weopon. But that doesn't give them any right or ownership of the deer. It's still yours. that's the way it was a few years ago though - i think they've changed some of the laws recently. i should probably get caught up on them...
Old 09-30-2007, 06:31 PM

I'm pretty sure around here If that deer goes on private you cant get it without perrmission.
And they cant take it without a tag.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Duse500

I'm pretty sure around here If that deer goes on private you cant get it without perrmission.
And they cant take it without a tag.
Exactly the way it would be in PA. Whoever possess's the deer had better have called the Commmission or face illegal possession of a deer.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

here you are supposed to call the game commisioner if the person wont allow you on the property. the deer is yours and also he has no tag on the animal or contact to the game commision (if you find a dead deer they give you some kind of confirmation number to keep it) call the wardern and get the deer asap.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Here's some advice......KNOW you game wardens. I took mine to lunch a few weeks ago. I also show him where and how I'm hunting. If I needed him....I know his numbers...and he knows my situation.....and I trust he'd be here.

What do you have to lose? My warden and I will hunt together this year, too.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

i never seem to see the same one around here. wasserman (guy who wrote the last few pa game books)lived right by me but i never saw him patrolling this area much always run into different guys. either way they should be like that unless you are doing something suspect, its like town cops same attitude.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:33 AM

I have the good fortune of a DNR warden being a best friend. Lots of benifits seeing my land joins a WMA area, and we hunt alot together. But I also have private property on each side of our land. We contact both land owners (one hunts one doesnt) and obtain permission if this kind of thing happens during the season,(unfortunatly it does). We exchange cell numbers with the landowner that hunts so he can contact us if he needs to track on our land and we call him if we need to go on him to track down game. I would approach him and ask for that permission and work something out and also offer him some meat for the permission. Not much you can do now after he claims the deer, he can always say he shot it, found it or what ever, if he has it processed already not much can be done.He can say it was given to him.I would have gone straight to his house and told him the situation and if he wouldnt cooperate, call the local DNR office for advice, they can come out and look at the spot where you shot the deer and track to the spot it went down and help you claim your deer, but you have to respond and not wait.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

Well you defenitely had no way to get to the deer because it crossed property lines and you didnt have permission. But they also should not have just taken the deer. You can defenitely get them in trouble if thats the route you want to go with it. I dont see you getting your deer back but you can get a little revenge if you want I guess. But if you do that then you can probably kiss your chances of ever getting permission from that land owner to retrieve wounded deer.

Quick Reply: I need GAME WARDEN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.