Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Chiggers...say a prayer >

Chiggers...say a prayer

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Chiggers...say a prayer

Old 09-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default Chiggers...say a prayer

2 weeks ago, Igot over a mammoth case of chiggers I got on Aug 28th. Went out today to look at another piece of property and we had chiggers all over our pants when we got back to the car. Sprayed them good with deet at the scene and rushed home for a bleach bath and hot shower. I really hope I got them before they injected their venom. I guess I will know in about 24 hours. These tiny bugs blow...
Old 09-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Chiggers...say a prayer

You should be fine if you used some bleach. Works for me everytime.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

I guess I'm either to sweet or too sour one (I know the latter)--But honest injun they have not bothered me very much---Every now and then I get two or three in the bend of my knees but not often!!! But that is enough and I feel sorry for you folks that taste so much better--I guess--
Old 09-30-2007, 03:28 PM

You got that right! That's why i always wear tight fitting clothing such as enduraskin under my pants, then i tape up the bottoms of my pants so they cant crawl up there. Between that and some permanone spray you shouldn't have anything to worry about. And how did you see chiggers, when they are 1/15oth of an inch big? Must have been a lot of them.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:28 PM

i know what they are but what they look like
Old 09-30-2007, 03:29 PM

Sure they weren't the real tiny "seed" ticks?
Old 09-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

I'm not positive what they were. I had multiple spots on my pants (long work khakis) that looked like rust colored dust. When you looked closely, you could see them move and even see tiny microscopic legs. Pretty confident they were chiggers...
Old 09-30-2007, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

Lonestar tick larvae. Use a lint roller next time. takes them right off!
Old 09-30-2007, 04:34 PM

ORIGINAL: saltflyz

I'm not positive what they were. I had multiple spots on my pants (long work khakis) that looked like rust colored dust. When you looked closely, you could see them move and even see tiny microscopic legs. Pretty confident they were chiggers...
Yea those are seed ticks....If they were chiggers you wouldnt be able to see thier legs, and chiggers are usually bright red in color.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:18 PM

You can absolutly see chiggers.

I will NOT go in the woods without my neopreme Chest waders sprayed down with that permanone(sp??)
Just last week
I was at the far stand(just checking things out) when I look down and see them up to just below my knees(100's if not thousands of them)As soon as i saw them I haul Ass back to the quad( about400 yards),then race home another 2 miles , jump in the pool(waders and all) strip down in the pool,scrub myself down,then run to the garage(BUCK NAKED)andgive myself a complete wash down with a whole bottle of the winter green rubbing alcohal ,I then jump in the shower and scrubdown with a scrub brush,once out of the shower I wash down with another bottle of wintergreen .
Panic? You bet,They are the most God forsaken insects in the world.EVIL!!
Even the rescue squads,fire ,&police dept carry tyveck suit's in case theres a car that runs off the road or something.

When you have to get" THE SHOT"
The needle itselfis thediamiter ofa #2 lead pencil and 6" long.
The part where the serum went was the size of a Big magic marker.
The serum is thick and it took a few minutes to get it all in,and it Burns the whole time.

Quick Reply: Chiggers...say a prayer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.