Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Talk about a jerk. >

Talk about a jerk.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Talk about a jerk.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:57 PM

Default RE: Talk about a A$$

i forgot to mention that this guy told us he doesnt hunt, but his neighbor (a hunter) says he hunts rifle season every year. we were showing another hunter the house this guy lives in and the the guy was walking out of the field with blood all over his hands and told us he cut himself??? wow ...
Old 09-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shoulda called the DNR as soon as the deer went onto private property. You guys should be lucky you didn't get arrested for trespassing on the guys land.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:35 PM

we never got to the guys land. we were on the land that we had permission for but the blood trail went onto the private land. he watched as we got closer and closer then when we were looking for blood about 50 yards away he came running out. so we never actually trespassed
Old 09-30-2007, 11:26 PM

Default RE: Talk about a jerk.

As an ol' married man think I would have gone the "marriage" route.....Forgivness is easier to get than permission.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys need to be little more sneaky next time
Old 10-01-2007, 01:29 AM
Typical Buck

I agree with all the other posts and call the Game Commission. Unless I'm mistaken, in P.a. you gotta make an attempt to get the landowners permission to track onto private property. If this doesn't work, the game commision will come out and ****** you onto his land to recover the deer whether it be private property or not. As long as the deer isn't shot on private property that you don't have permission to hunt, the game commission will help recover your deer.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is why I love Iowas law that you can go onto anyones property to retrieve a game animal as long as you are not armed with or without permission. A few years ago during shotgun season I shot a buck that went onto some leased ground and so I went straight in there after leaving my shotgun in the road ditch leaning against the fence. As I came over the hill there was a sea of orange and I heard a couple of shots. I then turned my a$$ around and got on my cell phone and called the game warden. He explained to me that there was no need to call him to go get my deer but if I wanted him to he would come over right away and ****** me onto this leased ground, at that point I figured that the hunting group on the leased ground had got my buck and chalked it up as a loss. It sure would've been fun to see there faces though when the game warden and I traipsed right thru there and found my deer though.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:55 AM
Bartender

Steve Martin was great in that movie
Old 10-01-2007, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

We had the same situation afew years back. My wifes cousin shot one of the biggest bucks we have ever seen on our property, the deer walked the river crossed the rocks and got onto some land, luckilly the owner was kind enough to let us on to look for it, when it reached another parcel of land leased by the local pro-shop in town. I contacted him since I have done business with him and he said he didnt want anyone in there, not even one person without a gun. I no longer do business with him. For any hunters visiting Neillsville or hunting in that area, stay away from All Seasons Sport and Archery. He's expenisive and in my books, hes not a true sportsman.