Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Talk about a jerk. >

Talk about a jerk.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Talk about a jerk.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Talk about a A$$

If he did take your deer did he have a hunting tag to do it. Just report him as a poacher and let the wardens go check out his shed. Did he need to tag it to keep it??
Old 09-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

I found out years ago that an ordeal like this can really turn ugly in a hurry--I have the 800# on speeddial and I want hesitate to call FLGC--I don't care if your bow,gunhunting or just got skinning knives--Its always better to have the third party there!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here in Illinois you must have permission to trail a deer on another property, and if they won't give it there is nothing you can do.
Same in NYS.

the deer was definately hit in a lethal spot, and the land owner doesnt even hunt archery..that deer was dead in the field.. i ran into him earlier in the track job and he was nice to me.. but i was no where near the deer.. as soon as we enterd the field edge where we knew the deer was.. he came running after us ..screaming at us to get off his property and how he didnt care if we ever found the deer and how archery hunting is completely unethical and rifle hunting is the only way to kill a deer humanly.. hes just an ignorant bastard ..
Or maybe (like 2 of my properties)there is a history of catching hunters on his land bloodtrailing - most of the time with no blood, carrying weapons, and never asking permission before entering, let alone taking the time to gain permission for recovery BEFORE the season. There's always2 sides - the truth is usually in the middle.

Steve

Old 09-30-2007, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Planter

If he did take your deer did he have a hunting tag to do it. Just report him as a poacher and let the wardens go check out his shed. Did he need to tag it to keep it??

My thoughts exactly!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 05:51 PM

I would call the Warden......no question....let them go rattle him a little.....it's the least you can do.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Typical Buck

what a jerk! those kinda people push my buttons too far! call the DNR and explain it to them. maybe they can get him on some kinda charge
Old 09-30-2007, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

Calling the DNR does alot of good. Trust me,they willbe at his house about 30min after you hang up the phone. They will get a Warrent, search the freezer and trash cans for a carcass. I have called before and the officer i reported the offence to actualy called me from the offenders house to thank me and let me know they found all of the meet, carcass was stil in the trash cans and to ask me where i wanted to pick up my 500$ reward. I told him i didn't want the money, but i would like the meat to go to hunters for the hungery. A DNR hat and patch along with the reciept proving the DNR officer dropped the deer (and ducks they found in the poachers freezer) were dropped off at Hunters for the hungery. The offeneder also spent Christmas eve and dayin the pokey, lost all of his guns, and hunting privilages for 5 years. By all meens call the DNR.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would have knocked him out and tied him up with my draw rope, got my deer gutted it and put the gut pile on him wait till he came to k.o. him again and then untied him left.

Told him to enjoy his day.

Ryan.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

calling DNR here for now would do no good there closed for now because the michigan goverment is full of idiots who cant figure out a budget (maybe they should pay them selves less...)
Old 09-30-2007, 09:46 PM

i was there. it happened just like he said. the guy was ok at first but as soon as we started in the field he came running down and told us to get the f*** off his land, my friend who shot the deer told him we were just trying to recover it and the deusch bag laughed at him, told him thats why he hates archery hunters, we all need to burn in hell, and losing deer is a part of nature. its crazy. i just dont know how someone could be like that ... my friends and i are gonna go load up my pickup with any/all roadkill we see and place them all around his house. the game commission doesnt do anything. ive reported poachers, baiters and ppl who shoot deer with spotlights everything. never once have they done anything.

Quick Reply: Talk about a jerk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.