HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   FS discount archery (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/209465-fs-discount-archery.html)

JrsyBowHunter 09-29-2007 07:47 PM

FS discount archery

Hi, has anyone ever ordered from this place. I ordered a Darton Vapor bow about a week ago. I was told that arton is dipping the risers now for that model, i was told this from the woman at FS discount archery and that they will be ready to ship out by oct 11. Today i got on dartons web site and they dont even offer the vapor for 2008. Fs dicsount archerys web site said the vapor was a 2008 model bow, should i call darton and find out whats going on, the money for the bow has already been taken from my account or should i call fs discount archery back and find out whats going on. thanks for any replys guys.

Jeff K in IL 09-29-2007 08:08 PM

RE: FS discount archery

I stay far away from them, they have never been a good company to deal with!

nodog 09-30-2007 04:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeff K in IL

I stay far away from them, they have never been a good company to deal with!
Ditto

It's a wonder they're still in business. Would like to know how they are? By all rights they should be history.

PABuck_HNTR 09-30-2007 04:14 AM

I have never known anyone who owned a Darton so I can't help you either. Sorry

Ropelo 03-05-2011 12:39 PM

I know this is an old thread, but I am dealing the same company and would like to hear new references from other forum members:

Has anyone any new information regarding this company? I ordered a crossbow from them in December and I am still waiting for the delivery. The problem is that I already paid the item. The extra problem is that I don’t live in US, so I can’t just pop in and try to settle things. I have tried to email them but without reply. I hope I could report a happy ending for this thing and being able give a recommendation for the company but I am getting nervous.

Any updates, hints are appreciated. TIA for your answer!

-- Ropelo

bmanges 03-05-2011 05:18 PM

I ordered two packs of broadheads from the a year or so ago, they sent one, charged me for one. when i tried two straighten out and get the other one(i wanted to pay for broadheads,but not shipping) they just sent me the other pack for free.My freind ordered the same and it took quite a while to recieve his, i just think there unorganized. Prob try not to deal with them again.

Ropelo 06-09-2011 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ropelo (Post 3782427)
I know this is an old thread, but I am dealing the same company and would like to hear new references from other forum members:

Has anyone any new information regarding this company? I ordered a crossbow from them in December and I am still waiting for the delivery. The problem is that I already paid the item. The extra problem is that I don’t live in US, so I can’t just pop in and try to settle things. I have tried to email them but without reply. I hope I could report a happy ending for this thing and being able give a recommendation for the company but I am getting nervous.

Any updates, hints are appreciated. TIA for your answer!

Quoting myself here:

I finally got my stuff. They tried to bill me s&h again and there were some other hick ups but I finally got my stuff. Just wanted to tell you - just in case someone is planning to order from them. They're not a scam but more like disorganiced - just like someone wrote in this threat.

Thank you for all the answers.

-- Ropelo

mofire 06-10-2011 05:30 AM

Drop me a line at www.blackmountainoutdoors.com. I'll let you know upfront if we can get what you want or not.

LivingH2O 12-28-2011 12:02 PM

Bringing up this thread again in 2011

They're still in business and still as incompetent as ever. I ordered 3 packages of Magnus Stinger Buzzcut broadheads in September. After 3 weeks of hearing nothing not even a confirmation email, although my card had been charged the day of my order, I called and they couldn't find my order apparently. So they redid the order, but they only had two packages and sent them to me. 3 months later and after a dozen, no really a dozen calls, they finally sent me the last package, but here's the kicker, they sent them postage due. I really don't think these people are thieves, I think they're just extremely daft. :confused0024: