Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Getting the stench out of rubber boots? >

Getting the stench out of rubber boots?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Getting the stench out of rubber boots?

Old 09-30-2007, 04:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Getting the stench out of rubber boots?

do a little preventive maintenance before your next hunt, and spray your feet down with anti-perspirant (sp), or rub em down with arm and hammer solid unscented deodorant.
I've never even thought of doing that. That's a great idea.

These boots are 1200 grams and work nice for when the season is here in NY. It's usually cold enough where the sweaty stinky feet isn't a problem. Early season is a different story though. They are too warm to be walking around in when it's in the 80's.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:09 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah, I've been known to use the ARM & HAMMER solid on other odoriferous areas of my person. It has 2 benefits-- It helps control odor not just in the pits, but all over the body, and second, when my 15 year old son saw a couply of ungodly pubes on myA&H solid, he no longer swipes it when his AXE runs out.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Buy a pair of X-Scents Socks, your boots will never smell again.

I use powder from HSScents.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:09 AM

Time to get a pair just to hunt in and keep the old ones to hang stands with and stomp around in.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:13 AM

and second, when my 15 year old son saw a couply of ungodly pubes on my A&H solid, he no longer swipes it when his AXE runs out.
LMAO!that's great!
Old 09-30-2007, 09:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think letting them air dry makes them stink because it takes so long to dry out! I got a peet boot dryer and dry out after every hunt plus they don't rot from the inside out! This is what it sounds like yours are doing, starting to rot! Get a pair of cheap non insulated boots for the early season and stand hanging!
Old 09-30-2007, 09:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

It's official ......... they've been retired. It was a little bit of a sentimental moment. We've been through a lot together [:-][8D]. What an awful stench spewing from them though. I dont' even want to use them for anything in the woods anymore. I guess I'll just put them on the mantle. Wonder if the wife would mind.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:35 AM

I havent had any success with putting unscented anti-perspirant on my feet. It seems like it suffocates the skin pores or something and somehow they got hotter and more sweaty. I have left some baking soda in the bottom of my boots before and its gave me the same sweaty feeling.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Fork Horn

I have a powderfrom hunter speacialties I think the stuff is like speedie dry.It works well but the socks dont more it is difficult slipping into the boots.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:53 AM
Spike

Use Rocket Pure Natural Shoe Deodorizer for your shoes. You should repeat this process with the shoes every now and then if they get stinky again. I usually spray about 3-4 shots into each shoe. I then let my shoes dry overnight, although they probably don't need that long. If you need more info on shoes deodorizers, check this https://productadvisor.com/best-shoe-deodorizer/

Last edited by robbyfine; 07-15-2018 at 12:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Getting the stench out of rubber boots?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.