Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Found my deer from yesterday.... >

Found my deer from yesterday....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Found my deer from yesterday....

Old 09-29-2007, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Found my deer from yesterday....

but something got to it over night! I was in at first light looking and found only a couple more spots of blood, then it stopped.I had to just look for the deer at this point. I found her in some thick stuff maybe 40-50yrds from where I found my arrow. She was still limp and all torn up. The back straps were eaten off of her, as well as some rib meat and hind quarter meat.It was a pass through, but high, hence the lack of blood like my doe last week.[:@]
This had to be either Fox or Coyote because Buzzards aren't out at night. I talked to a warden this morning and he says for sure,there are Coyotes in the park, although I've never seen or heard one.Anyway, do you guys consider this a legit kill since I didn't tag it?Am I 2 for 2? I feel funny about this situation. I never had this happen before.But at least I found her , and there's no mystery about it now.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Found my deer from yesterday....

Early,

If its the Doe you shot, then yes its a legit kill. There are hunters who have to find deer the next day. Its still their kill. Sorry about the yotes but at least you found her.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:57 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good and bad news. All God's creatures must eat, nothing goes to waste.

I still say when applicable and feasable to sit tight in the area and listen....if you have the time and patience.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

You didnt tag it ? And after you talked to the Warden he didnt say anything about it ? Hm ? cool warden !! Its definetly a legit kill, YOU shot it, with YOUR arrow !! I knew you'd find it !
I did not mention not tagging it to him and he didn't inquire.Where I hunt, you can get unlimited antlerless tags. I have 4 of them. So it's not really a tag issue.However, I will fill out a deer kill card for both the state, and the park as well.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:10 AM

What made you wait a day to look for your deer?
Old 09-29-2007, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MDBUCKHUNTER

What made you wait a day to look for your deer?
I was unsure of the quality of the hit, even though I knew it was a pass through. There was only a small amount of blood and I knew she went into some seriously thick stuff. It was dark by now and there wasno sense busting through thick brush aimlessly,only to possiblypush the deer. So I waited until first light this morning. To me, it was the proper thing to do with thesituation. Also, it was 12 hours. Not a day.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: SCBigBuckHunter

Early,

If its the Doe you shot, then yes its a legit kill. There are hunters who have to find deer the next day. Its still their kill. Sorry about the yotes but at least you found her.
I agree
Old 09-29-2007, 11:55 AM

It should be counted as your deer.

I shot a doe this year and never found it. I still feel weird shooting another because that one might be dead.......

since you found it, you should definetely count it!!
Old 09-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I feel your pain!!!!! I had my first opening day bowkill eaten by Coyotes in less than 2 hours! She went 50 yards from my tree and went down. I took my stand back to the truck and came back and they chowed on her. Chewed off a leg, ate the guts, neck down to the bone, skinned one side of her, chewed up the ribs and hind quarter! I was in shock! I consider her my first opening day bowkill and I didn't tag her! The warden told me not to! So yes I would say you should count this deer as a bowkill! Congrats but bad luck in the end!

Quick Reply: Found my deer from yesterday....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.