Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is it with Mathews??? >

What is it with Mathews???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is it with Mathews???

Old 10-01-2007, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is it with Mathews???

People fall prey to marketing schemes all the time. I take all those ads andcommercials with a grain of salt. I know enough about bows (I had a small bow shop for some time),physics, mechanics, and how to do research to make a good decision on what to shoot. A manufacturers reputation also plays a role in my buying decision.I also access how the bow feels, sound/vibration and speed. All the wannabees fall to the back of the pack pretty quick at 3D tournaments, Indoor Shoots, and in theField regardless of the brands they shoot. I am not one for a lot of talk just results. It is pretty obvious that just about every manufacturer makes a good bow these days.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: LKNCHOPPERS

People fall prey to marketing schemes all the time. I take all those ads andcommercials with a grain of salt. I know enough about bows (I had a small bow shop for some time),physics, mechanics, and how to do research to make a good decision on what to shoot. A manufacturers reputation also plays a role in my buying decision.I also access how the bow feels, sound/vibration and speed. All the wannabees fall to the back of the pack pretty quick at 3D tournaments, Indoor Shoots, and in theField regardless of the brands they shoot. I am not one for a lot of talk just results. It is pretty obvious that just about every manufacturer makes a good bow these days.
Yes but there is an old saying...."Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...shame on me!"

If the product didn't work as advertized, eventually (some take longer than others) people would figure it out and stop buying it. Mathews sells a ton of bows every year for a reason.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:09 PM

I know this one. matthews just doesn't usually if every sells to retailers. this way they make more money by skipping the middle man

Old 10-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't understand why we all are wasting our time/energy arguing about this-if we put the same energy toward fighting anti-hunters or securing hunting land,we'd be a lot better off.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

I don't understand why we all are wasting our time/energy arguing about this-if we put the same energy toward fighting anti-hunters or securing hunting land,we'd be a lot better off.
Well.....this is the bow hunting forum, and Mathews makes hunting bows. Just because we debate certain things on this site that others may not feel important does not mean we don't also put energy toward fighting anti-hunters and their movement, I know I do.

I think this IS the place to talk about this because it's from OTHER HUNTERS that the disdain is coming from. How can we fight the good fight when there is decention in our own ranks...

(Que patriotic music)

By ignoring these problems you will only cause more....causing more problemswill only weakenour countryand I for one will not stand here and listen to you bad mouth the United States of America....gentlemen!!

Lighten up stalkingbear...it's all good.

I have a sneaky feeling there will be those who will not see the sarcasm nor myfeeble attempt to rip off a great line from an even greater movie.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Perhap yer right but sometimes it seems like some of these guys are willin to come to blows over such stuff

Old 10-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Myself after putting my Browning to rest many yrs ago the only bow that had a good feel to me was a mathews,and I tried 5 other bows again and the Drenalin got the vote,it just felt better to me and it was 749.00 with a free WB(50.00 value)..Bow bashing around here isjust more of a fun thing.
Anyway the two dealers around here sell afew differant brand including Mathews and from my experiance dont push any of them,they are good at letting you decide,not unless they know you then they are good about getting you set up......Not like afew of the bigger chain stores in the area(Fargo)....But then again its the person you frist see/talk to in the biger stores that ether push a bow or just shows you all of them.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:46 PM

Man this is one long post. Anyway this is my two cents,why should someone care what kind of bow I shoot. If you like PSE, Mathews, Bowtech, Martin, Fred Bear ect. who cares, as long as you like this bow.It sounds like if you know someone who shoot a Mathews and I don't I can't associate with them, bull$hit. I have a good friend heshoots a Mathews and I have a Bowtech, both are fine bows and I have nothingagainst any other bow.The dealer that we both deal with sells bowtech but he has no problem if you own a Mathews or another brand.Go back and spit in the guy eye, see ifhe can catch you now. My two cent are up.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rbeckman

Go back and spit in the guy eye, see ifhe can catch you now. My two cent are up.
Now as a preacher, I can't condone that type of activity ........ but I'm not there