HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   who has hunted and not scored? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/208892-who-has-hunted-not-scored.html)

geterdun3 09-26-2007 02:00 PM

who has hunted and not scored?

how many times have you been out since your opener without killing a deer. i have been out 4 times, seen 4-5 deer, and havent been able to kill any yet. im hoping tomarrow i will change that.

im not asking for who has passed on a deer they could have killed, but who has simply not had an ethical shot yet? thanks

Hooker 09-26-2007 02:20 PM

RE: who has hunted and not scored?

I've hunted the past 2 Saturdays, both morning and evening, had a doe bust me trying to draw back on here opening morning. The only thing I've seen since then are a bunch of hogs, turkeys, and coons...

.243win 09-26-2007 02:23 PM

me saw a fawn and have been hunting sence the richman race

Bird Hunt Dog 09-26-2007 02:55 PM

I've been out 7-10 times.........Could have shot numerous Doe's and small Buck's(Only have one MN tag) Just haven't seen the ONE yet;):D

nodog 09-26-2007 03:43 PM

Unlike many I hunt placeswhere the deer density is as low as 1 per mile. I've gone weeks without even seeing one. I know times of plenty and times of few.Those I've taken in those places mean as much to me as the biggest trophy ever taken.Times like these make real hunters out of people. Keep your chin up.

geterdun3 09-26-2007 03:45 PM

thanks bud. im gonna try tomarrow. just hate to go day after day and not score. i mean i know its the hunt and all that really matters, but i honeslty just want to kill me a doe to eat and then i will be satisfied for a while lol. but i cant kill anything sitting on the couch. ill be out tomarrow

Rhody Hunter 09-26-2007 03:49 PM

i go out sevaral times before i spot one to shot at . my area isn't as dense as others on here

Rookie Bowhunter 09-26-2007 03:52 PM

It was way too hot here in CA during my bowhunting season but I will give it at try again during the General season and I have a good feeling about this...

HNI Jim 09-26-2007 04:55 PM

If you ask me you cant go into the woods and not score your not a hunter. Justing being on stand is a score in itself.

geterdun3 09-26-2007 04:58 PM

yea i understand that. and i greatly appreciate the option and ability to sit in a stand. but i honestly would like some action. just being hoest. i would never stop hunting because i dont see deer, but it does make me more inclined to sit in one spot and drive the distance if i have abetter chance to see/kill deer. thanks