Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 who has hunted and not scored? >

who has hunted and not scored?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

who has hunted and not scored?

Old 09-26-2007, 05:12 PM

Default RE: who has hunted and not scored?

ive been out about 10 times, passed on does due to the fact that where i could shoot them i only have a buck tag, but ive seen a few small bucks ive passed on. Still lots and lots of season left, im not worried.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

i have killed one every tiem i have went out in the past four years i just have not got one yet in the last four years lol everyday i am in the woods is as good as a kill to be . mybe because i have not got one yet i think thi sis my year stay in the woods and you will get one
Old 09-26-2007, 05:37 PM

My daughter and myself have been out thre times and have not even seen anything except for the first night two turkeys but they were too far away to take a shot
Old 09-26-2007, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

I passed on a couple opening day and have only seen 4 deer at 40 yards, 20 yards off the property since. I usually get something opening week but it's been slow. Real warm, the bucks still have velvet hanging on some, and have pretty much stayed out of the good area's for now til this weather cools off. For me this is kind of a scout, and take what you can get. When I see something I can get a pattern on, I'll move in closer with my climber stand. 2 years ago this was good place for spot and stalk, it's grown so thick, it seems I can't get out of the bedding area now, spot and stalk is near impossible. Evening hunts we're finding deer bedded down by our permanant stands. Not a good sign. I hunted a few mornings and have totally struck out with that. Walked in at 4:30 am and never been busted by so many deer that I couldn't see. 50 yards from the truck and deer whistling and snorting all around me. Walked right back to my tent and went back to sleep. lol Figured I was on to something though, and tried again 2 mornings later only to find the neighbor had cut all his corn and plowed the field under too. I found the staging area for this field when the wind is from the south or southwest and I found it too late. I think they plowed it under just to piss us off. They allways cut the corn in fall and plowed in the spring! WTF? So no corn field, no need to stage. With about 2000 acres of standing corn on the other side of a double 4 lane highway, since the corn on our side has been cut, 12 deer have been hit on the highway with in that 1/4 mile. The deer in our woods have either crossed the highway or died trying. Seems the new highway has cut off the deer bedding grounds from the corn fields and commuting back and forth isn't working out too well for the deer or cars. Can't blame the farmer on our side though. If he didn't cut it soon, ther'd be nothing left. But to plow it under?
The farmer who lost his land to the new highway, subdevided the rest of his land into 2 and 5 acre lots, everything around the 80 acres is going to crap. About 20 acres to the north has just been clear cut. Houses going up everywhere, and they all seem to think our logging roads are great fun on there atvs, mountain bikes and cross country ski's. It's been like a park lately with tresspassers. We've never herd such dumb excuses for tresspassing either. Pretty soon I'll be putting a deer stand on the shoulder of the damn highway right next to the deer xing sign. I've recked 2 trucks, and my buddy 1 truck on that new highway hitting deer on the way to and from hunting there. Arrows are much cheaper. I think I need a new place to hunt...closer to home. lol Sorry for the rant, all these insect bites kind of got me on edge. lol
Old 09-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

been out 5 times and have had em around mebut not in my shooting range..
Old 09-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been out 3 times.

1st hunt =8 doe, closest one was about 45yds, no good shot / Time 3hrs
2nd hunt = 3 doe, 6 turkeys , 1 black bear, no shot at deer / Time 3hrs
3rd hunt= 5 doe, most were too far(50+ yds)and moving quick / Time 5hrs

I did have one doe at about 15 yds on my walk out yesterday eveningand even though it was still within legal shooting light by a few minutes I let her be as I did not want to trail though the thick stuff that late and honestly I was dog tired from the hike in and out(slacker). She didn't even spook, she just stood real still in the beans and let me walk out past her.

It is like a chess game. I'll be back and they will too and next time I plan on being one or two moves ahead. But if not, then maybethe next time or the next time or the next time.That is part ofthe beauty of it, your success in aseason can change within seconds.

Good luck to everyone.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've been out in 2 states and it's been does only in both. I've had opportunities and missed one at 42 yards because I misjudged the distance, but other than that I've either had bucks with the does and not wanted to stir them up or not been able to seal the deal. It's a long season so I'm not too worried.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:27 PM

Been out one time opening morning and seen two rabbits and a mink..., maybe this weekend i can whack a doe.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

I've been bow hunting off and on since 1984. I made my first bow kill three years ago on a buck. But I love it and I will continue to do it.

Looks like this season is a bust due to vacation and moving.
reid
Old 09-27-2007, 08:46 AM

Been out twice, seen 13 deer and tons of turkey's. I had two shot oppritunities but chose to not take them.

Quick Reply: who has hunted and not scored?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.