Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 anyone not use bow loops? >

anyone not use bow loops?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

anyone not use bow loops?

Old 09-25-2007, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default anyone not use bow loops?

I put a bow loop on my bow today, and i was shooting 8 inches high, and 5 inchesright. I took it off and was dead center. I cant mess up my sight trying to sight it in so close to the season, so I think im going to not use one at all.
anyone else just just clip there release on the string? does it damage it after time?
Old 09-25-2007, 08:06 PM

Default RE: anyone not use bow loops?

thats because when you put the loop on you werent lookn through your peep sight the same as before
Old 09-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do not use a loop. I have a 15 year old release and it does not mess up my string. But the same does not go for other releases! I shoot good without a loop and see no reason for me to add one?>
Old 09-25-2007, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

I go directly to the string. I just double serve, starting just below where the bottom of the nock sits. I only go down about an inch and a half. When it starts to show wear, or seperation, I take it off and re-do it.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

I dont use a loop either and I didnt have any wear or damage to my strings either.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:11 PM

It could be because when you were shooting just the string you clipped your release under the nock of the arrow. Then when you put the d-loop on your release is now directly behind the arrow. This also messes with your anchor point. I used to shoot bare string until this season. The reason i switched was because of the string wear and nock pinch. I think it made me more accurate too!
Old 09-25-2007, 08:12 PM

If you shoot from the string you gain a little speed as well. I switched from a string loop and it hasn't caused any issue with my serving. The guys at our shop recommended and it is working for me.

JMO
Old 09-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot right off the string and always have. I have never had string wear issues. I have a single noc set then space for the noc and then a rubber spacer.(I forgot the name if it.....bowtech comes standard with them from the factory) The rubber spacer keeps the arrow in place while waiting to shoot and keeps the release from pinching the arrow at full draw.

Good Luck!
Old 09-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok thnx
Old 09-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot strait off the string and I have not seen any damage to it.

Quick Reply: anyone not use bow loops?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.