Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

shooting fawns

Old 09-28-2007, 07:19 AM

Default RE: shooting fawns

Some of you elitests crack me up.

The I only shoot big deer attitudes is funny, but if thats how you want to hunt fine. Have fun.

I will shoot ANY legal deer that I have a clean shot at with few exceptions. However, I will not shoot a deer in spots.

The area I hunt is over run with white tail does and is in serious need of thinning them out, be it 1 1/2 yr olds or 8 month old does (fawns) call it what you like It's a legal deer.

I will not now, nor have I ever judged another hunter for taking legal game.

I hunt to fill a freezer and If I get a nice buck for the wall, well thats just a bonus.

Happy hunting
Old 09-28-2007, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: dragonslayer1

So much for wise use of a God given resource. Logging is a major industry here. What would happen if loggers cut 5 year old pines instead of 20? They'd be out of business in short order. Are we that greedy, is it all about me? Is it all about carving another notch in your bow? Forgive me SRH but I don't get my kicks out of shooting babies.
young deer have less offspring then older deer so really youd be increasing your heard by taking only young does
Old 09-28-2007, 02:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I worked hard on this picture, so I'm going to post it again. I'm a rebel like that sometimes.

Old 09-28-2007, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

LMAO

That is freakin funny quick. I spilt my Dr.Pepper everywhere!!!
Old 09-28-2007, 04:06 PM

Hey QS that picIS funny, even if I'm not gon'na shoot one!
We say we don't care what the nonhunters think, but we've got to remember we are in a very small minority in this country now. All it would take insome places is for PETA to put some negativeads and pictures in the papers andthere could be a referendum on the ballot to ban bowhunting.Don't think it could happen? Ask the lion hunters in California or the bear hunters in Florida. We've got so many bears here in north Florida they are like a plague of giant rats. The state has turned a fine game animal into vermin that are despised by the locals here. They have hired guns that trap and kill them just like they do deer in some places. Let's be good stewards of the rights we still have.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

I worked hard on this picture, so I'm going to post it again. I'm a rebel like that sometimes.

Nice picture!Would you have a head or body mount. A body mount would only cost $350 for that monster. [&:]
Old 09-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

One of the arguements used against hunting is that hunters don't kill off prey species in a natural way. As in, we tend to go after the biggest and healthiest of the herd.

Anyhow, to shoot or not shoot a fawn or any other deer should have everything to do with your own individual choice (and legality of course) and it shouldn't have anything to do with what somebody else will think.

Some people hate it when you shoot does, some people hate it when you shoot bucks under 5.5 years of age, Peta hates it when we shoot anything.

BLEEP them. I hunt to make myself happy. No one else.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

One of the arguements used against hunting is that hunters don't kill off prey species in a natural way. As in, we tend to go after the biggest and healthiest of the herd.

Anyhow, to shoot or not shoot a fawn or any other deer should have everything to do with your own individual choice (and legality of course) and it shouldn't have anything to do with what somebody else will think.

Some people hate it when you shoot does, some people hate it when you shoot bucks under 5.5 years of age, Peta hates it when we shoot anything.

BLEEP them. I hunt to make myself happy. No one else.

Not trying to be the"master of the obvious", but..... this post pretty much sums it up.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Calling hunters who shoot legal but small deer"baby killers" is what gives the anti's their ammo not the actual shooting of the deer. If it's a legal deeryou have every right to lace it thru the lungs. Ethics is a personal thing. The wardens do the rest. Wouldn't be great if we could all be trophy hunters...BUT we are not, were just hunters.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:50 PM

I can see I've struck a nerve.Maybesomebody should start a new teamcalled "Fawn Masters". How 'bout a new outdoor show titled "Fawn Busters" where all they shoot are fawns. Anything that field dresses over twenty pounds is off limits!

Quick Reply: shooting fawns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.