Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Vein keeps coming off the arrow!!! >

Vein keeps coming off the arrow!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Vein keeps coming off the arrow!!!

Old 09-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Vein keeps coming off the arrow!!!

Im so tired of the veins coming off my arrows,I try to practice alot, and shoot alot, but the arrow going through my whisker bisquit eventually tares one off( I will never get rid of whisker bisquits). I get them profesionally put on, but its just a matter of time before they come off again. Some do last a cupple months, idk if thats the average life of them.

Do you guys have this problem with the veins and whisker bisquits?, how do you prevent this?
Old 09-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Vein keeps coming off the arrow!!!

when i got my bow i wonted a whisker biscut but was told toget a dropaway which i did i have been told thought if you cut some of the whiskers off where the vains go through at can solve the proplem
Old 09-25-2007, 05:07 PM

Ok, hang on here dude......Let's get this worked out. First off, WB's are NOTORIOUS for being vane robbers......It's just the nature of the beast. An arrow can only go through those w/out an eventual negative effect.

Ok, first off, what vanes are you using? Blazers are BY FAR the best to use for a WB.....Also, what arrows do you use?
Old 09-25-2007, 05:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

You want your veins to stay on but you want you WB to stay on, well you can't have it both ways unless your "professional" does a better job at fletching your arrows.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

You want your veins to stay on but you want you WB to stay on, well you can't have it both ways unless your "professional" does a better job at fletching your arrows. <-------- there ya go!
Old 09-25-2007, 05:12 PM

I already see the problem...you get them "professionally" put on. Bull hockey. The only professional is you. Buy a jig and start doing it yourself.

A few years back, I shot a WB. I never had a vane come off unless it went through the target and tore it up. Of course, I was using straight fletching. Wb's don't like much helical. Are your vanes helical?
Old 09-25-2007, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like you need to find a new "professional", or learn to do your ownrefletching. I have NEVER had a vane come off an arrow in 7yrs of using a Wisker Biscuit. I have been doing my own fletching and never a problem. A drop of glue on the leading end of the vane helps also.
The Biscuit seems toget blamed for a lot of the wrong reasons. If it's set up properly and your bow is tuned, andarrows are fletched and tunedproperly, you're going to shoot well with a WB. I use just a slight off set with my vanes, not veins.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:29 PM

I had this trouble the first time I refletched my arrows. After I refletched my arrows I put a dab of glue on the front and back of the vein (I put Blazers on both times), and haven't had a trouble since.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:09 PM
Typical Buck

blazers for me too!,fletched with a slight helical and extra glue at the front.no problems so far.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

I have never had a single vane come off an arrow from the WB. and the only color vane that ever curled was white ones i used to shoot. BTW I shoot carbon express arrows with what ever the normal rubber vanes are that have been coming on my arrows the past few years.I read here a couple of weeks ago the darker vanes held up better, so i went and checked everyones arrows i hunt with, (5 total people) all with WB and only the white vanes on my old arrows and my uncle's were curling, all the dark colors were perfect, just like everyone has been saying. Thanks guys

Quick Reply: Vein keeps coming off the arrow!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.