Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Vein keeps coming off the arrow!!! >

Vein keeps coming off the arrow!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Vein keeps coming off the arrow!!!

Old 09-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Vein keeps coming off the arrow!!!

my fletchings are always falling off and i dont know if its the wb or just wear. cuz i shoot everyday
Old 09-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to have the same problem when I was shooting a drop away rest. I fixed this problem by useing"Goat Tuff". It's a little more expensive than most of the other glues, but it works great! So far I haven't had a vane fall of yet.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like said before,a small dab of glue on the front of each vane will fix it,also make sure your nock vane is at 12:00 and you wont have any probs,alot of people try to put the nock vane at the same angle as the opening and that gives you al kinds of problems.Ive been useing the WB since they came out and have had em on three differant bows with absolutly no probems after I figured out the do's and donts....
Old 09-25-2007, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

Like said before,a small dab of glue on the front of each vane will fix it,also make sure your nock vane is at 12:00 and you wont have any probs,alot of people try to put the nock vane at the same angle as the opening and that gives you al kinds of problems.Ive been useing the WB since they came out and have had em on three differant bows with absolutly no probems after I figured out the do's and donts....
I agree about the nock. Rotate your nock so your fletchings clear the black portion of the biscuit. That portion is more stiff than the brown whiskers. Also, the advice on proper glue techniques is right on.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:34 PM

use goat tuff glue on your arrows the vains wont come off then
Old 09-26-2007, 05:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I only shoot feathers through my wb. I have a couple arrows that still have the original flethchings on them and both arrows have more than 2000 shots through the WB. They are starting to look a little thin but they still fly true. I will post a pic of one of them tonight. I put the WB on myself but my proshop flethced my arrows. Now thats a fletching job!
Old 09-26-2007, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

make sure none of you fletching hit the black part of your wb.. and the big thing that helped me is i put wraps on my arrows, now they never come off unless it tears the wrap off with it, which is only if it hit one while practicing...
Old 09-26-2007, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Call me crazy... Your shooting your fletching threw a hole just a tad bit bigger than your arrows and your upset because your fletchings are coming off

Go buy youself a Blitzenburger and start fletching your own arrows
Old 09-26-2007, 04:19 PM
Fork Horn

i suggest using a 3'' vane or blazers. No one needs a longer vane than thoughs. I use a WB and i love it. I fletch my own arrows though. I use super glue gel with the arizona fletcher. The glue Sets in less than 10 seconds and its ready to shoot. THey stay on strong too.Their also easily takin off with a razor blade. Super glue is too runny you must have the GEL. DO this and i can guarentee you will be fine. I wouldnt change MY WB for anything.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:22 PM

Just put a drop of glue infront of each vane and one at the end...I have never had problems with the WB, I think they are great!!

Quick Reply: Vein keeps coming off the arrow!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.