HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   X-Scent Sock test (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/208740-x-scent-sock-test.html)

Germ 09-25-2007 03:33 PM

X-Scent Sock test

Well while in KY I tested X-scent socks.

I wore the same pair for 4 days in 90 degree heat.
I did not wash them, I just hung them on a line to dry.

My Rubber Boots have Zero order I can smell
My X-Scent socks had the same result.

I tried to get TFOX to do a sniff test, but he wussed out. WB(Charlie) did and he bought some:D

manuman 09-25-2007 03:39 PM

RE: X-Scent Sock test

I hate to be the one to break it to you---yoru socks aren't the problem!!!!;):D

Predator19 09-25-2007 03:43 PM

I am glad they worked for you Germ but there aint a sock out there that thats not gonna stink after i wear it for even one hunt. I wear a pair to walk in and put them in a plastic miniplastic tupperware container and put on another in the stand and they still stink when i finish hunting.

LebeauHunter 09-25-2007 03:43 PM

X-Scent socks are fantastic.

After a weekend of hunting in them (in rubber boots in the heat no less), they pass my wife's stringent
smell test = I can take them off in the house and she doesn't make a snarky comment. :D

I hope that there is no class-action against X-Scent for false advertising, they may just have to call me
as a witness. :D

MOmightymite 09-25-2007 04:00 PM

Yea, I love my x-scent socks. I have been wearing them for 2 seasons now and opening weekend I did the test after a full day of hunting and my socks were soaked in sweat and there was no odor. I couldnt beleive it. They are a great product!

Chasebaker 09-25-2007 04:01 PM

Man...X-System sent me there whole suit...hoping to try it out

Baselayers-Shirt & Pants
Socks
Facemask
and Hat!

MichaelHunsucker 09-25-2007 04:02 PM

Yeah, they make awesome products. I use their under garments and really like them - even in the early season. They are breathable and keep you somewhat cool and control scent better then others

Chasebaker 09-25-2007 04:03 PM

oo and they are one of the few companies NOT getting sued....Scent-Lok,Cabelas, and others are

Robison/Scentblocker ain't..dang forgot the list!

mauser06 09-25-2007 04:11 PM

might have to try them. if i wear rubber boots i can litterally ring out my soaks and smells like rotten feet...bad news bears...

ive always had a sweaty foot problem...even as a baby when i wore the little 1 peice pajams kids wear with the rubber no slip feet dad had to cut the feet off of mine:)

as much as i hate to say it, above 60 and im wearing my non lined, non insulated leather boots. i rather have warm dry feet than wet, cold stinky feet. i didnt wear rubber boots last year and never had a problem and dang near EVERY deer i seen crossed my trail...

wack 09-25-2007 04:42 PM

I like my X scent socks too. The local store only carries the one style, Cabela's Ingenious socks are even better and they have light, comparable to the Xscent socks, medium, and heavy for the real cold weather. I like the silk weight Xscent base layers too. Awesome. What's cool is how fast they all wick the moisture away from your feet and body. That a lone makes them worth wearing, the extra scent protection is a great bonus.
Another trick for those old rubber boots is put Odor Eaters in them. They're the original carbon scent control product and I've used them since I was A kid. My ma used to say even Odor Eaters didn't last long with my sweaty feat but we didn't know you could wash and reactivate the carbon by tossing in the dryer. She'd get me a new pair about every 2 weeks. lol I put one in my bow case to help absorb any odors and moisture too.