Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

am i a wimp

Old 09-25-2007, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: am i a wimp

Nope, not a wimp either way. shoot what you want to shoot.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:40 PM

That just shows that you have matured further as a hunter than you friends at school. Some people wont even shoot a 3 1/2 year old buck, because he is not considered a fully matured deer. No you are definately not a wimp, I personally wont shoot a Doe that has fawns with her because the fawns are less likely to survive once their mother is gone. I also try to refrain from shooting younger bucks, but everybody gets an itchy trigger finger every now and then.I commend you on your decision not to shoot the fawn. Job well done!
Old 09-25-2007, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those are probably the same guys that would call you a wimp for using the 243win you use as your name.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:45 PM

I don't know if you are a wimp or not. This, however, does not make you a wimp. You hunt for you, not for them. You shoot for you, not for them. You shoot only when you will be happy, not when they will be happy.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gplant

NOPE.Shoot the one that makes you happy.If you cave to what other people say then your a wimp.
yeah
Old 09-25-2007, 03:15 PM
Dominant Buck

I shot a deer last year....that was last year's deer. It was a piebald fawn. I have no regrets.

I have had opportunities this year....and have not attempted a shot at a spotted fawn. If a doe fawn finds her way in front of me, though....and has faint spots...I'm going to attempt to take her. A doe with fawns? Yes. I will shoot if given the opportunity.

I'm happy you didn't take the deer if you had questions. I've yet to regret the decision to take an animal. I hope I never do. My situation is likely different than yours, too. I'm working on herd reduction, here. If I wait to take these does....they'll continue to consume food that others in the herd will need, later. I was told by my wildlife bio to not miss a chance at one (doe). I will be shooting.

Good luck to you.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Fork Horn

You are NOT a wimp. The boys at school could probably learn a thing or 2 from you! Ignore them!
Good luck to you going forward!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 04:10 PM

To each his own, but I'd have a hard time sleeping knowing I shot a fawn or a doe with a fawn. If you shoot that doe, you might as well kill the fawn too. With the number of 'yotes out there, he doesn't stand much of a chance. I'm not that hungry!
Old 09-25-2007, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea your prolly a whimp just because you had to ask if you were one. You did the right thing in not shooting the fawn. You don't want to be a whimp and a baby killer do you? [8D]
Old 09-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Host of Hosts

That just shows that you have matured further as a hunter than you friends at school

That was my first thought after reading your post. I don't shoot fawns either, and believe me I'm no wimp.

Quick Reply: am i a wimp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.