Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I don't wanna bowhunt anymore >

I don't wanna bowhunt anymore

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I don't wanna bowhunt anymore

Old 09-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I don't wanna bowhunt anymore

..........or at least until the damn heat lets up. It's about 88 degrees here in South Jersey and it just doesn't feel right. It's been in the upper 80's to 90's for months, with a few pleasant days in between.It doesn't feel like hunting season. A little heat,.......OK, but this is ridiculous. We haven't had rain in a coons age. It's so dry that I think itsaffected the movement of the deer........What am I saying!....It did, there not moving.I've been out at least 6 or 7 times and have only enjoyed myself once. I don't necessarily need a kill........at the moment, but I do need to enjoy myself, and be somewhat comfortable toabsorb my surroundings and nature during the finest time of the year.

We need a cold snap ASAP.....I'm tired of the heat, the mosquitos, the greenheads, blackflies, chiggers, and of course yes the ticks. When I get out of my truck to prepare for my walk to my seat, I'm literally bombarded with green heads. They chase me all the way to my tree, and don't let up until I'm situated up high. It seems they only like to chase me when I'm moving on the ground. Finally when I'm situated in my stand, the mosquitos set in. Honest to god I think i saw a mosquito the size of a sparrow the other day.Little bastardspierce right through my clothing. They must have shanks as long as my index finger.

No doubt I was pumped a few weeks ago......hell, I was pumped for this season when the last one ended.I've been waiting impatiantly for it all to begin...and now it's here and it feels like the weather and insects have let the air out of my ride. I can't even get exited about my trail cam pics........their less than sub-par......The deer look dehydrated and thirsty [&:].

So there's my rant folks. It just doesn't feel like hunting season. I guess it really won't for me until I can see my breath in the air...you know what I mean,.......a little frost on the pumpkin would be nice.......NO?

So for now,..... I guess I'll temporarily go back to the off season forum and talkabout olives, tomato sauce, tacos and cheerleaders.

..............Ill probably be in the tree tomorrow morning[:@]
Old 09-25-2007, 01:53 PM

Default RE: I don't wanna bowhunt anymore

Not much better here in Southern Illinois, I hear what your saying. I haveaweek of vacation coming up soon and if it doesn't get cooler all I will be doing is honey do's. Hang in there.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:02 PM
Fork Horn

i was gonna say that aint right to give up like that

Old 09-25-2007, 02:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I right there with ya as well! I shot my Doe the other evening and getting her before she spoiled was too much like work. Pretty much and all night early morning affair! Don't get me wrong I hunt hard, work hard at it and love every minute of it but the heat AND mosquitos have to go!!!!!! The colder the better!
Old 09-25-2007, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll never give up, not ever...............I guess you have to take the good with the bad...

Bottom line....I'm a slave, and bowhunting is my master.

.............little frost??? no?
Old 09-25-2007, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is one of the reasons that I'm glad that WV's season doesn't come in until Oct 13 at least by then it's starting to cool down.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I totally agree that I'm ready for some cool down here in NC too. I love the warm weather...during the summer when I'm on the lake!!! But not while in a tree!! I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that is still having decent deer movement...of course not like I would like, but at least I'm seeing animals and not getting carried off by the skeeters!! Hang in there!
Old 09-25-2007, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just get out there ya pansy!!!! Take that lace of yer underwear and HUNT!
Old 09-25-2007, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I'm gonna cry.....
Old 09-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: pigiron

I think I'm gonna cry.....
LOL .... seriously though, the cold weather is comin for us at the end of the week!

Quick Reply: I don't wanna bowhunt anymore

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.