Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Buddy is looking at buying a bow >

Buddy is looking at buying a bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buddy is looking at buying a bow

Old 09-25-2007, 09:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default Buddy is looking at buying a bow

guys I need your help here. My buddy wants to by a bow. He doesn't want to spend over $300. Here is a few options that he is looking at:
Mathews Feather Max 29" 60 Lbs dusk devil 5 pin sight, with the .019 pins, very bright, and a micro tune arrow rest. I believe its a NAP or Golden Key. Also has the nock loop, string silencers, and an eleven inch stablizer. I'm also throwing in the old arrows, they are the right length for the draw, Easton Axis, some are 340's some are 400's. Some are missing vanes, but I have extras I can send with. The bow has the wrist loop too. for $325

2001 Bowtech Mighty Mite 29/70 It comes with brand new Winners Choice strings, G5 meta peep, Sims stab, Golden key drop away, and a 5-pin Copper John Pro III slider sight(black). Asking $275 TYD

Box Diamond Edge Package RH for $275 delivered:

Available with 30-40# or 40-50# limbs
Draw Length is adjustable from 18-28 inches

Package includes:
3-pin fiber optic sight, fixed fork arrow rest, black 2 piece 4 arrow quiver, multi-colored braided sling, and a peep sight, string silencers, nocking points and cable guard dampers

Old 09-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Buddy is looking at buying a bow

i dont really know if a Mathews that old is worth $325. i bought my Mathews Q2 back in 2002 (it was a year old then) used and with everything on it i payed around $400. and the bow you are talking about is older than my Q2. I love my Mathews and would never shoot another bow. BUT if those are your buddys only 2 options i would have to say go with the Bowtech. Though he should be able to find a newer used mathews say something between a Q2, LX, MAYBE a legacy for around $350 or $400. I know you said he does not want to spend over $300 but the extra $100 or so is worth a life time really.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:26 AM

There are alot of good used bows out there. If possible have him shoot a couple of different ones. The one that FITS him and really feels good, buy it!!! All the major companies will stand behind their bows, and so will quality local pro shops. LOL
Old 09-25-2007, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RHanbaum

There are alot of good used bows out there. If possible have him shoot a couple of different ones. The one that FITS him and really feels good, buy it!!! All the major companies will stand behind their bows, and so will quality local pro shops. LOL
They stand behind their bows, but not if you buy it second hand. As far as I know the limb warranties are for original purchaser.

I also agree that $325 might be a bit much. I bought my q2 in 2002, similar to foxfire66and paid about what he paid. I got mine off ebay, very happy with it.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

LOOK AT BEAR BOWS