Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

company rants

Old 09-25-2007, 08:29 AM

Default company rants

are we allowed to vent about problems w/particular companies on this forum?
Old 09-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: company rants

Not only are we allowed to... I would highly encourage it.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:46 AM

well in that case I WONT EVER MAIL ORDER FROM BASS PRO AGAIN!!! on 8-23 i returned an order with specific instructions on what to exchange the items for. i even called to confirm they recieved the instructions, and they did. THEY SAT ON MY ORDER FOR TWO WEEKS! then finally shipped it back to me on 9-7.yesterday (9-24) i called them to tell them the previous friday had been the 10 days (in there shipping policy - you have to wait the full 10 days before you can complain), and i asked where my package was. the idiot on the other end of the line said he would send it to customer service to see what they wanted to do, and they would call me back (this was about 9am). at 3pm i called them back and told them the mail man just stopped by (yes they use "snail mail" as there main means of shipping) and again - no package! well the lady on the other end proceeds to tell me that my package was sent back to bass pro for some unexplained reason on 9-11 ! so it has been just sitting on the shelf for a few days!!! and no one bothered to tell me (even though they have about 5 ways to contact me). i asked (as politely as i could) to speak w/her manager. when she got on the phone i told her i wanted my stuff shipped overnight on there dime! and she confirmed that they had it in stock, got my shipping address (again). i looked at the fed ex website this a.m. and they sent it to my house, and not work like i have asked for them to do ahundred times before!!!!! im just so dam frustrated with those idiots i could pull my hair out!!![:@][:@][:@]

so now when i actually get my stuff - if something doesnt fit, or doesnt live up to what the advertisment said it would - im gonna have to drive 2.5hrs to the closest bass pro to return it!! cause i sure aint shipping it - i'll never get it back!
Old 09-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have always had first class service from BPS. With that said, here is how I handle returns...I just send the item back and request a refund. Then, I place a new order for the item that I want. Seems to make it simpler for everyone and eliminates some of the margin for error. Good luck with your order. Hopefully it will be correct this time.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:55 AM

sound like they were pretty shady
Old 09-25-2007, 11:04 AM

ORIGINAL: Steve F.in MD

I have always had first class service from BPS. With that said, here is how I handle returns...I just send the item back and request a refund. Then, I place a new order for the item that I want. Seems to make it simpler for everyone and eliminates some of the margin for error. Good luck with your order. Hopefully it will be correct this time.
thats a good idea - i think (if i ever mail order from them again) i'll just save up a little more money and do it that way. It keeps those idiots from having to think too hard
Old 09-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

thats suck i will not order anything over mail that i have to worry about fitting or working right i.e clothes and stuff like that i am likely i live next to a gander mountain and when i lived in NC i live 1 hr from a basspro good luck hope you get your stuff