HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Recommendations on a new sight? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/208665-recommendations-new-sight.html)

kdsberman 09-25-2007 08:08 AM

Recommendations on a new sight?

Im looking for a new sight, one that i can adjust each individual pin up/down/left/right, if there is such a thing. My arrow somewhat hits to the right when i shoot further back, but on my sight i have to move the whole thing, which would move the sight that i didnt want adjusted. Anyone have any suggestions on a good sight that is capable of doing this? Nothin thats really expensive. Less than $100 if i could. Thanks guys.

mathews outback 09-25-2007 10:14 AM

RE: Recommendations on a new sight?

they all move in mass,if your shooting right you pullin your bow or its not just in tune,i would recommend cobra sidewinder lx,they are bright there not plastic and they are a dovetail sight so you can set them just how you want

mauser06 09-25-2007 10:33 AM

you need to walkback tune. your arrows should hit the same left and right no matter how far...also work on form and grip. errors are magnified at longer ranges...not following through is a big problem...but it could simply be the tune...shouldnt have to move pins left or right...move the whole sight for that.

good luck...

mac87toy 09-25-2007 11:01 AM

the montana black gold flash point is the poo, bright when you need it and not when your in the bright sun. I just got done with my second elk hunt with is and i have a tendance to be ruff on gear to say the least it has held up perfect.

sbooy42 09-25-2007 11:45 AM

ORIGINAL: mauser06

you need to walkback tune. your arrows should hit the same left and right no matter how far...also work on form and grip. errors are magnified at longer ranges...not following through is a big problem...but it could simply be the tune...shouldnt have to move pins left or right...move the whole sight for that.

good luck...
I agree with the above statement.
As far as recommending a sight I would go with any thing that is a tool-less design with a micro adjust feature. I can't stand fumbling with tools and then there is the "oops to far go back a little isnt't that where it was before" factor thats is eliminated with micro adjust feature.

cptleo1 09-25-2007 02:18 PM

good luck...
This is very good advice.

It should also help your broadhead flight.

I would think you are only 1/32" or so from being dialed in.

It is worth a try.

You might end up being able to keep your existing sight.

MN/Kyle 09-25-2007 03:09 PM

good luck...
good advise here!

but if you are intrested in a new sight, check out the g5 line.

Rob/PA Bowyer 09-25-2007 05:00 PM

My bet is he's canting the bow (GMMAT..lol don't got there;)) or holding the pin off to the side because the large pin is blocking the mark.

kdsberman, you DO NOT want to have that difference in your pins, you have an issue that needs repair. Pins are set in the same plane for a reason. Listen to the advice in the above threads.