HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Combating Mosquitoes (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/208576-combating-mosquitoes.html)

catmech_99 09-24-2007 06:20 PM

RE: Combating Mosquitoes

At about $.45 per hour I don't see how the cost would be worth getting eaten alive by those pesky mosquitos !!

spur0701 09-24-2007 06:41 PM

Hmmmmm.....a refill kit at Wal-Mart cost me about $8 or $9 I think, that has 1 fuel cell and three scent squares, a scent sqaure will last me for a morning and afternoon hunt (suspossed to last 4 hours)....so about $3 a day.....if the bugs are out I use it, if there not a big problem I don't.......

mobow 09-24-2007 06:46 PM

ORIGINAL: spur0701

Hmmmmm.....a refill kit at Wal-Mart cost me about $8 or $9 I think, that has 1 fuel cell and three scent squares, a scent sqaure will last me for a morning and afternoon hunt (suspossed to last 4 hours)....so about $3 a day.....if the bugs are out I use it, if there not a big problem I don't.......
If a refill at wal mart costs you 8 or 9 dollars, you need to find a new wal mart. Ours sells them for under 6.

catmech_99 09-24-2007 06:53 PM

I buy mine at the Bowshop. It's a combo kit containing 4 sets[48 hours worth]for$19.95. I added 7% tax to that & this & divided by 48. This is how I came up to about $.45 per hour. I'm buying another for My Son this week.

Finch 09-24-2007 06:55 PM

Well, I bought one a couple weeks ago to try out and the darn thing wouldn't ignite. I got a fluke.[:@]I tried everything and finally took it back toWal-marttoday. I just got my money back.

Mosquitoes aren't really that bad during fall seasonfor me.I will definitelytry another one for spring gobbler though.

RIStrutStopper 09-24-2007 07:15 PM

refills go for about $6 here, but I got a deal at BJ's Wholesale Club. The thermacell, 2 butane cartridges and 6 mats all for $12.90. Thats like getting the unit for free, so I bought 4 of em :D

GTOHunter 09-24-2007 07:19 PM

I have been using mine for 2 years now and it works great,I'm still running on the very first butane cylinder I first put in my ThermaCell.I use it when the mosquito's are pretty bad and start annoying me,even used it a few times when we went Camping!I need to buy me one of the ThermaCell Holsters so I can carry it on my side or hang it on my ladder stand when I'm hunting. ;)

MOvenatic 09-24-2007 08:07 PM

I got one with the holster also. What's nice about the holster is that even though you have to lay them flat, with the holster, you can strap it to a tree branch and it out of the way in the stand without having to worry about knocking it over.

8pt~Bowhunter 09-24-2007 08:57 PM

What about insect repellent????

dragonslayer1 09-25-2007 05:40 PM

Here I am selling 'em again. You can't beat a thermacell. Why worry about the health effects of deet, not to mention the fact that it will dissolve paint, plastics and who knows what else.