Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 mitlitary camo or hunting camo >

mitlitary camo or hunting camo

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

mitlitary camo or hunting camo

Old 09-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: mitlitary camo or hunting camo

Can't answer about which is better hunting, but as far as why the military doesn't use realtree & etc... Can you imagine how many different sets of cammies we'd have to have to match up to the different environments? Generally, you buy hunting cammie to fit with the area that you hunt... and that doesn't really change year to year. The military wants cammie that blends in as many areas as possible. As the young Marine (Schott8283) said above - the new digies are a great piece of cammo - works well in multiple environments.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:27 PM

Bottom line ... camo is SUPPOSED to 'match or resemble' your surroundings. You don't hunt dark mossy oak in a light grass or visa/versa. Just match your hunting conditions.

Remember the old timers like Sir Fred Bear used to wear plade shirts and jeans. Topped with a smoker hat.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:36 PM

I still like to wear my leftover bdu's. They are comfortable and durable enough to get the job done and they are already in my closet. So, more money for weapons.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:47 PM

I love my military camo! I've hunted in it since before realtree or mossy oak were even thought of and killed a couple hundred deer, not to mention the hogs, turkeys and varmints while wearing it. It's tough as nails, has plenty of pockets and is a heck of a lot cheaper than the civilian patterns. If it's good enough for our fighting men, it's good enough for me!
Old 09-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

I would say because combat situations have many diff. enviroments and backrounds, i assume they make that specific type of camo to blend in with several different kinds of enviroments.