Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 lost vs. found deer >

lost vs. found deer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

lost vs. found deer

Old 09-24-2007, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default lost vs. found deer

Just curious, how many deer does everyone losethat have beenwounded while bowhunting? Seems aboutevery week I talk to a hunter that lost a deer during bow season.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: lost vs. found deer

I smell a rat...
Old 09-24-2007, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Whatever, forget it. I forgot you guys are paranoid of the 'anti's'.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bryant1

Whatever, forget it. I forgot you guys are paranoid of the 'anti's'.
It has been my experiance that tojudge hunters by an online forum,either in paranoia or number of 'i lost one' stories would be illogical if one seeks truth. It seems to bring out the worst in both aspects as opposed to thereal world.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

i havent wounded or lost a deer sicne i went to better broadheads. butsince i started hunting i have lost maybe 3-5 deer
Old 09-24-2007, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

It has been my experiance that tojudge hunters by an online forum,either in paranoia or number of 'i lost one' stories would be illogical if one seeks truth. It seems to bring out the worst in both aspects as opposed to thereal world.

Old 09-24-2007, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

I don't shoot unless I'm confident in my shot, and therefore have let many pass that others may have shot at.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Fork Horn

i havent lost many not saying i havent but i have heard of quite a few people that hunt by me shooting a doe and not finding it...idk
Old 09-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Dominant Buck

One thing I always said I'd do is......tell you guys when I shoot. I clipped a deer, last year, and was fortunate enough to see him, later in the year....no worse for wear. I went on a streak of 5 deer with relatively easy recoveries (some VERY easy).

I started this season with a deer I thought I hit good.....only to find the deer almost 9 hour slater in 90+ degree heat. Rocked me. I THEN hit another one, high.....and I'm convinced she's survived....though I'll never "really" know. I didn't find hardly any blood......and what was on the arrow was flesh. My latest shot resulted in an almost non-existent blood trail.....but an animal that was recovered the next morning by me.

I know for a fact that there are those among us who don't talk about their misses, wounded animals....and lost deer. I understand, TOTALLY. I don't think it's a great idea for the MASSES to tell the world EVERYTHING. I am relatively new to this, still.....and if someone can learn from my mistakes and experiences....then that's why I said I'd document them. If anyone thinks it's a bad idea.....I'm all ears to that, too.

I really don't know what's to gain by these numbers being public (as a whole). Some things are better left unsaid (IMO).

I also starte out this season with the goal of not taking a shot that I wouldn't be proud of. To date....honestly....I am my worst critic....and I'm OK with each attempt.

Good luck to all.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, I can honestly say that I've never released an arrow at a deer that I haven't recovered. I can also say that I've never released an arrow at a deer that didn't drop within sight. I could even go as far as saying I've never shot an arrow at a deer that didn't collapse immediately. The sad reality is, I've never shot an arrow at a deer[&o]... yet.

By the way, GMMAT... congratulations on your kill. (Been gone a while)

Quick Reply: lost vs. found deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.