Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How Still do you Sit! >

How Still do you Sit!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How Still do you Sit!

Old 09-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How Still do you Sit!

I sit so still you'd swear I was sleeping. Now if only I could control my snoring I might have something come in close.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

I like to alternate, I sit for an hour, stand for about 15 minutes or so and then sit again. Inbetween sits and stands I draw my bow back once in a while to keep my muscles warm, although this year hasnt been a problem as its been in the 80's all season except for opening mornign when it was 26 deg.
This is what I do as well.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:53 PM
Banned

I hate standing in my climber, I don't know why, just do. I always adjust between sitting straight up or leaning back in my stand to cope with the buttache. That is usually the only time I'm really moving, other than my slowly turning my head...
Old 09-24-2007, 02:20 PM

I dont move a muscle the whole time on stand. I try not to even breath as they may catch my movement...lol j/k I do try to stay as still as possible tho. I move to get calls out and stand to stretch my legs every hour or two, but for the most part i keep my movements to just glassing with my binocs. It appears to work for me because i have had squirrels, climb within feet of me, and birds land on my arrows, and one time i had an owl land about 4 feet away.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I alternate sitting to standing, just not very frequently. The isometrics like davidmil described are also great for fighting off getting cold.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to move very little if stand hunting. Then one cold morning I was going to attempt taking a doe, but my poundage mysteriously got set to like 300lbs... After two ugly attempts, she left... After moving around for a few minutes my poundage was back down to 70#. Crazy?...
Old 09-24-2007, 02:39 PM
OGW

I sit for about an hour, look around then stand for about 10 minutes, then sit for another hour.
The last hour I stand and try to move my eyes first then slowly only my head to look.
I dont have to look at my watch by digging under the clothes covering my wrist...it's on a velcro watchband thats strapped to my bow's riser.
If I drink anything it's during those periods when I'm standing.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:44 PM

I try to stay very still when standing but I put camo blinds around my two man ladderstands this year and feel it gives me more room to move any part of my body below by shoulders when sitting.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

I very rarely sit while in a stand. (after all, they're called stands, not sits.... heh heh)

On the other hand, I usually only hunt for a max of four hours at a time.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

I like to alternate, I sit for an hour, stand for about 15 minutes or so and then sit again. Inbetween sits and stands I draw my bow back once in a while to keep my muscles warm, although this year hasnt been a problem as its been in the 80's all season except for opening mornign when it was 26 deg.
Ditto!

Tom