Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 For you Whisker Biscuit users.... >

For you Whisker Biscuit users....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For you Whisker Biscuit users....

Old 09-23-2007, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: For you Whisker Biscuit users....

no matter what size the hole is, the arrow still just sits at the bottom of the hole.
In my opinion, because the arrow sits at the bottom, there would be an uneven drag on the vanes as they pass through the WB causing the arrow flight to be a little inconsistent.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:20 PM

whisker biskuts suck,get a drop away,RIPCORD
Old 09-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

reason being that it dont work like a drop away is because the fletchings have to move through it when they get there. It needs a little play but to much and it is swimming in there.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

This isnt a pissin match
If you set it up right you wont have a problem.....I have yet to see a dropaway work well in the Horizonal position,but maybesome do.But I will never tell someone they suk.....O-ya Outback suks...
Old 09-23-2007, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you have a vane pointing to were you incert the arrow this can also give you a bad flight(makeing other vane hit bottom) and there is very little loss in FPS maybe 2-5fps not enough to make a big dif.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Typical Buck

That is a very good point on the fletching passing through differently, I never thought of that. When you think about it, if there is a significant amount of space at the top, which there probably is since it is 1-2 sizes too small, only about 20-30% of the fletching on top would be going through the biscuit when pretty much 100% would be going through with the bottom 2 fletchings. Interesting....

Oh, and yes I do make sure no arrows are passing through the dark bottom whiskers on the biscuit. I think about the new arrow I sent through it one time and cleanly removed the fletching right off. I was real happy.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

If you just switched out the biscuits it will need to have the knocking point readjusted....the carbon biscuit will have a smaller hole thus a higher knock point...with the bigger aluminum biscuit the knock point will be lower....without adjusting the knock point your arow won't be mounted level but pointing downward.... JMO
Old 09-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like I said...the 1st thing you do is put a small dab of glue on the front of the vanes/feathers so you dont rip one off...thats the biggest problem people run into and they get mad,but if you set em up right they are awsome.......No mech parts to worry about.
I would rather get a WB dirty then a mech....
Old 09-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

You will have problems without switching, I did. There is too much movement with your arrow. Hard to explain, It will seem like it works but will not. A wb will always work to some extent, straightening your arrow out but with the current insert you have you will have an abnormal amount of vane drag while going out of the wb. Often times, it will take off vanes because you will hit the metal ring on the bottom. follow?
Old 09-23-2007, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you set the vanes right,have right biscuit and installed rightit wont bottom out....trust me Ive used it long enough to know,Ive put hundreds of arrows thru and I mean it as afew thousand with out tearing a vain off...if you talk to people that have a wavie fletching I bet it shows wear because they dont have it set-up right....make sure you have the wb set at the right angle for how you shoot also.
But what do I Know.........

Quick Reply: For you Whisker Biscuit users....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.