Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Minnesota Hunters Sue Scent Lok >

Minnesota Hunters Sue Scent Lok

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Minnesota Hunters Sue Scent Lok

Old 09-24-2007, 05:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Minnesota Hunters Sue Scent Lok

Music to my, I'm going to find a deal, ears.

Hey ScentlokG dude who post here. Not to late to bring me into the fold by donating some corevalls to the "Daddy needs to outfit 3 kids" fund. HeHeHe

Just incase here's the sizes. Daughter 14 6'2". Sons one13 and 6'0" and one9, 5'9". Ya there large. I feed'm on free range high protien, organic venison. You couldn't buy better publicity.[8D]
Old 09-24-2007, 06:05 PM

Anyone ever hear of buyer beware??? If you are easily fooled on shelling out your money for silly things, then you have nobody to blame but yourself. If you spent your money on Scent blocker locker and you believe it works good for you. I dont believe Scent loc blocker every forced anyone into buying their products.

Part of being an adult is the ability to use the brain the good lord put on top your shoulders. If you cant, dont blame someone else for your short comings.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:09 PM

What the idiot originator of the lawsuit doesn't realize is that Scent Lok is only part of what ALS is, no differently than G5. Neither company is dependant on the sideline business.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone ever hear of buyer beware??? I
Caveat emptor used to be the law of the land.

It is a little like some liberal elitist assuming that people can't figure out things for themselves - I know
better than you and since you are "ignorant" and "can't afford it," I should keep you from buying
something that you want to buy, and making what I think is a "mistake." It is a presumptous,
arrogant way of viewing the world.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

so the people whos kids got lead poisun from the toys from china should not sue because tey might just wont a hand out they should get hand out i am not saying these people should get anything if they are truely unhappy witht eh product or it cause them some kind of stress or injury they should get atless there money back i am not pro sue havenever sued some one came close once after a car wreck but the insurance company did what they should have but there is noting wroung with sueing if there is a reason

i have a next door neighboor thatgot urt workingand can not longer work had tohave surgary. and got 500,000 but after lawery fees and all that about 300,000 and well need and deserved it

but seing over something liek this is stuiped unles it come out that they new it did not work which ha happen before

ORIGINAL: gamespooker

hese guys should have thought about the products effectiveness Before they spent thier money on it...especially since this controversy has been going on well before they shelled out the benjamins!
exactly. there nothing but a bunch of low- life scum, who happened to see an opportunity. if they do win all of you pro sue guys will see what damages come from it. there's many other people just like these minnesota guys lookin for handouts. maybe a past poster on here was right, maybe they will question the credibility of realtree or mossyoak to camoflauge hunters from deer. haha.you'll all be eatin a big plate of crow.companies get sued and prices go up. maybe all camoflauge will cost as much as scentlok one day.
my main point on this topic is that america is a great coiuntry and people exploit it everyday.there's a fine line between having the right to do something and doing the right thing.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:02 PM
OGW

ORIGINAL: LebeauHunter

Anyone ever hear of buyer beware??? I
Caveat emptor used to be the law of the land.

It is a little like some liberal elitist assuming that people can't figure out things for themselves - I know
better than you and since you are "ignorant" and "can't afford it," I should keep you from buying
something that you want to buy, and making what I think is a "mistake." It is a presumptous,
arrogant way of viewing the world.

caveat emptorMain Entry: caveat emp·tor
Pronunciation: -'em(p)-t&r, -"tor
Function: noun
Etymology: New Latin, let the buyer beware
: a principle in commerce: without a warranty the buyer takes the risk [/align]
Old 09-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe I should sue the poster who uses bad grammer.......it makes my head hurt trying to figure out what he is writing.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:51 PM
Fork Horn

I wear Scent-Lok, and looking back, I've done the same thing for scent control for the last 5 years or so. I've only had my SL suit for 2 years, and I'll tell you, I've been winded a lot less. It's not 100% but I stand behind the product.

But beyond that I love hunting, and so does everyone here. Let's not let this suit divide us as hunters. Respect everyone's opinion. Good hunting to all!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 01:06 AM
Fork Horn

To begin with each has their own myopic view of this case.

However very interesting topical conversation! Knowing Chemistry, having worked in such environment etc. the truth of the matter is the false claims in regards to the elimination of 100 percent of human odors and the regeneration or reactivation of this particular suit. Based on studies, as the Armed Forces uses carbon suits for chemical protection and has a greater concentration of activated carbon are discarded after they become saturated. However after reading the Law Suit the State rules that ALS blatantly defrauded someone by Minnesota Laws
.http://media.startribune.com/smedia/...ffiliate.2.pdf I'll leave it at that, and has everyone read through this document

Case 0:07-cv-03970-RHK-JSM

As any product that hits the market there will always be someone filing a law suit at some point many not even heard of in most cases. Marketing, Advertisement is big business and crutial to the success of businesses in today’s economy. And if found the slightest misrepresentation, wording etc. will be brought to light especially if the product didn’t perform etc. That’s life in the society in which we live!

In closing to demean another hunter or person solely because they choose to ostracize their rights is wrong. Any person who feels a Manufacturer has misrepresented, defrauded etc. a product may take whatever course of action deemed. I myself careless what product a hunter purchases to aide them, just do your homework as many have already stated.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Should I sue Bowflex Home Gym? Three days a week for 20mins and I still don't look anything like the guy in the commecial.
Nowhere in that ad does bowflex say that you will look like that guy. They say you will see results if you use it 20 minutes a day 3 days a week. That's a very minimal and vague claim.

Maybe Axe deodorant, I've used the stuff and the women don't swarm to me like flies to ****.
That commercial is a veryobvious joke intended to induce laughter not to relate truthful information. You wouldn't have much luck in court.

Let me give you a for instance. Lets say that Ford advertises a new car that they said will get 50 miles per gallon of gason the highway. With the price of gas being what it is, you like the sound of that and buy one. Well after you get home and drive it a few days, itturns out that you are only getting 20 mpg. Then after a while it turns out that everyone who bought one is only getting 20 mpg. What would you do? Just say, oh well "Let the buyer beware". Yeah right, I bet that's how you would handle it. You would be mad as hell and rightfully so. Companies do not have the right tomake false claimsin their advertising. Most insulate themselves from legal action with disclaimers in small print, joke adsor by wording their ads in a vague nonspecific way. But when you make a serious, straightfoward, verifiable, claim in an ad you better by God be sure of it.

Quick Reply: Minnesota Hunters Sue Scent Lok

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.