Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Minnesota Hunters Sue Scent Lok >

Minnesota Hunters Sue Scent Lok

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Minnesota Hunters Sue Scent Lok

Old 09-23-2007, 08:45 PM

Default RE: Minnesota Hunters Sue Scent Lok

ORIGINAL: archer58

ORIGINAL: Dr Andy

It seems to work for me, however,I don't get sucked into all the hype either. I wouldn't dream of just throwing on some scent-lok and hunting. I still shower to reduce odor and I pay attention to the wind as well. I feel that it helps to a degree and I'll continue to use it.
Exactly what you should do. And I do these things as well.

Quote from the news article:
"The suit doesn't cite any independent testing done on the clothing that shows it doesn't work."

Maybe we'll get some!!!
Old 09-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: gamespooker

If they are lieing why shouldn't they get sued?
come on man, are you joking?

You don't believe fraud (if proven) should be punished?
Hit the nail on the head. Can't wait to see what comes of this.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know scent lok is a joke because I know enough about activated carbon to understand that at least some of their advertising is a bald face lie. That being that it can be reactivated in a household clothes dryer. That is a lie. It can not. If scent lok has ever consulted a single scientist they should know this as well. Hell, I learned enough about the stuff while getting a degree in water chemistry to smell this claim out as BS. And you're going to tell me that the people who are in the activated carbon clothing industry don't know they are lying to people. But it's actually more of a scam than even I first realized. I saw a reporter cut one of these suits open (something scent lok knows the average consumer would never do to such an expensive suit) and the actual amount of activated carbon inside it was shockingly scant. Even if the stuff came home from the store completely unsaturated (it doesn't) and working just as efficiently as scent lok claims (it won't) the pathetic joke of a scant sprinkling ofcarbon inside these suits wouldn't suck up 3 gnat farts. It's a scam folks. A huge, big, honking,scam, complete with paid to lie celebritieshelping topull it off. All this being the case I have no problems with a company that makes fraudulent claims being sued. But with the money scent lok has vs just a group of hunters, I doubt seriously that much will come of it.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:54 AM

Here we go again. The only winners in this case will be the stinking lawyers. Let's face it, we live in a sue-happy society that wants something for nothing. Do your home work and research the product, if it doesn't work, DON'T BUY IT! The market will take care of those companies.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:04 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Todd1700

But with the money scent lok has vs just a group of hunters, I doubt seriously that much will come of it.
Let's say the court says it doesn't work as advertised. The court determines that the "unrealized premium" was worth $50 per garment (averaged across gloves, coats, head covers, etc") The average user gets only $200. However, say 30,000 garment claims are accepted, 30,000 X $50= 15,000,000. The lawyers get 30% plus expenses or close to 5 million. That's the power of the class action suit... little numbers multiplied by big numbers add up to a big payday.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Suing a company for having been defrauded is certainly not a new or novel idea. If they did in fact knowingly promote and sell a defective product then they open themselves up to liability and should be sued. If their product truly works as advertised then they have nothing to worry about, do they?
Old 09-24-2007, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

This TR guy has a grudge against SL. He is the same guy that tried to have SL bribehim to keep quiet. When they did not do so he played the "I was just trying to show what type company they are"card

TR is a joke, he is not sueing for hunters. He is suing for himself and his personel Grudge. Please MR. TR keep this hunter out of it. I think there are more important things to worry about.
Germ.... You and nodog need to go back and reread that excerpt, all the way through this time. If you just jump to conclusions the instant you hit TR's name and quit reading, then you miss it.

T.R. IS NOT INVOLVED IN THE SUIT. If you'd bothered to read the entire thing, it plainly says right there, in black and white, that he has used the stuff but never purchased any. That prevents him from being a party to this class action suit right there because he has not suffered damages. duh!

If I were a reporter he would be the most obvious third party I'd ask for a quote because of his reputation on this topic. A sharp reporter asked and he gave a quote and that's the extent of it. (I bet he's going to be asked to present testimony though.)
Old 09-24-2007, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Should I sue Bowflex Home Gym? Three days a week for 20mins and I still don't look anything like the guy in the commecial. Maybe Axe deodorant, I've used the stuff and the women don't swarm to me like flies to ****. I should sue them! How many other ads are there that overstate and exxagerate claims
Old 09-24-2007, 06:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

This TR guy has a grudge against SL. He is the same guy that tried to have SL bribehim to keep quiet. When they did not do so he played the "I was just trying to show what type company they are"card[:'(]

TR is a joke, he is not sueing for hunters. He is suing for himself and his personel Grudge. Please MR. TR keep this hunter out of it. I think there are more important things to worry about.
Germ.... You and nodog need to go back and reread that excerpt, all the way through this time. If you just jump to conclusions the instant you hit TR's name and quit reading, then you miss it.

T.R. IS NOT INVOLVED IN THE SUIT. If you'd bothered to read the entire thing, it plainly says right there, in black and white, that he has used the stuff but never purchased any. That prevents him from being a party to this class action suit right there because he has not suffered damages. duh!

If I were a reporter he would be the most obvious third party I'd ask for a quote because of his reputation on this topic. A sharp reporter asked and he gave a quote and that's the extent of it. (I bet he's going to be asked to present testimony though.)
Arthur his name is not on the suit, I know, but he is part of it.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oh... You knew that and still said it's TR that's suing. Hmmm. Seems you have more issues with TR than he has with SL.[8D]

Quick Reply: Minnesota Hunters Sue Scent Lok

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.