Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Powerball Winner- Would you Fence? >

Powerball Winner- Would you Fence?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Powerball Winner- Would you Fence?

Old 09-23-2007, 09:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Powerball Winner- Would you Fence?

I've acually thought about this myself and I don't know what I would do. I already know what property it would be though....about 2000 acres of prime whitetail, bear and turkey action. I used to hunt it, probably still could but I don't care but I tell you one thing. If I won the powerball, I would own it. I don't know what I would do after that. Part of me says fence it and live a long happy life there but the part of me that is against fencing just says hire all your best friends to hunt and patrol the hell out of it. That would be their well paying job with perks....just be my private "park" rangers...lol
Old 09-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Typical Buck

I would buy land in KY, IA, IL, and a few other states.

Like said above, I would buy enough that I could work the core of it. There is NO way I would fence any of it in. PERIOD!!!
Old 09-23-2007, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why buy your own , when you can afford to go wherever you want anyway . I'd go on trips all over the states , Europe and any other country your allowed to bowhunt..... ok and still havemy own land , but i would not fence it .
Old 09-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bailsuk

Why buy your own , when you can afford to go wherever you want anyway . I'd go on trips all over the states , Europe and any other country your allowed to bowhunt..... ok and still havemy own land , but i would not fence it .
Because having your stands put up for you, fields planted for you, all you do is sit in the tree and kill the deer. Thats not hunting.

I get more reward out of a deer that I kill eating out of a food plot that i shed hours of sweat planting or had to walk two miles into public land to kill.

For me, the kill is only part of it. Even if I did have that kind of money, I would still work my own land. I would have some hired help, no doubt, but I would still have my hands in it.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:37 PM

In thinking about this topic for a brief 4 minutes...on this end of it....I probably wouldn't. I'd buy monster tracts of land for sure. Probably in both IL and MO....my homestate.I'd probably buy afew huge breeder bucks too and let them do their thing.

AT THIS END OF IT...I probably wouldn't put up a high fence though.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

I'd patrol it myself, and it would be in a state where I could shoot someone for being on my land. And I would shoot them and I wouldn't feel bad about it at all. Hell I'd take pictures as trophies before I called the cops!
Old 09-23-2007, 03:03 PM

Boy I should really have started this as a poll! So far I think it reads:
3 Probably Fence
8 No Fence
4 Undecided
Old 09-23-2007, 03:11 PM

i would fence it,higher someone to manage the food plots,and book hunts to canada,texas,iowa,wisconsin every year
Old 09-23-2007, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

I would most definitly buy me some land that I would build a house on and that would be managed for whitetail,ect.I would not fence,but I would have a good relationship with the local law enforcement agencies and I would have a mgr or my own security or both,although I would be very involved in the daily activities on my land.I would also have land in more than 1 state.I would be very tough on any and all treespasser prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.I would make it known that if youtresspass on my property you will be sorry.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Maybe a nude beach on the Mediterrainian

Quick Reply: Powerball Winner- Would you Fence?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.