HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   So thats why there all so big (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/208260-so-thats-why-there-all-so-big.html)

ABarOfSoap 09-22-2007 05:08 PM

So thats why there all so big

I was just watching keith warren, and every single deer they saw was a boone and crocket. How do they do this, they get a monster buck and breed it with all the does or something?

www.trophyclassdeer.com

Dr Andy 09-22-2007 05:15 PM

RE: So thats why there all so big

Welcome toTV and penned hunts

ABarOfSoap 09-22-2007 05:18 PM

How do they manage this, they scare off all the deer that live there, build a high fence, breed all the does with big bucks, and let them go?
I havent seen one doe yet either lol

ericstacy 09-22-2007 05:39 PM

High Fences do incredible things don't they? I know someone that high fenced twenty thousand acres. Split it into two sections. They let the hunters hunt in one section while they breed the brutes in the other. Talk about always having trophy's available. AT A PRICE!! It's business period.........!

Rickmur 09-22-2007 05:45 PM

Damn, how much would it cost to fence in 20,000 acres.

bigtim6656 09-22-2007 05:57 PM

i do not watch keith warren much but in defence of all tvshow. Not all of them hunt high fence areas alot of them are fare chase shows. Buti am sure not all of them. You can get big deer with out a fence i have seen it i know a guy that hunt southwest indiana which is were i am at. And he had a state record off of public land. It takes food plot feed and so on

ericstacy 09-22-2007 06:04 PM

You know it was done by an incredibly wealthy family here in Louisiana some fifty+ years ago. And the best part , as far as the cost question, the fence on the front ten thousand was built with ten foot CEMENT posts every ten or fifteen yards with mesh in between. They had a Jeep trail around the whole thing to circle and look for poacher breaks. Holes. They had a one way Jeep road making a zig zag trail in a circle around the property. It was set up with only 83 one acre food plot to hunt and afive mile by twenty yard planted food plot sanctuary running down the middle. Mind boggling dollars!

popeandyoungchaser 09-22-2007 06:21 PM

Thats rediculous! I hate these types of operations with a passion! When the anti's look for bad hunting stories they look at these places because they are easy targets. Where as if they looked at REAL HUNTING they would find they were no longer in a target rich environment!

popeandyoungchaser 09-22-2007 06:23 PM

Explanation on the sig. couldn't think of anything for the E

Never mind, fixed it!

Urban_Redneck 09-22-2007 06:48 PM

Funny I was thinking about this today... How many acres would it take you to forget the fence?

I have had the good fortune to have been the guest at a club with 23,000+ acres fenced, once through the gate I never saw or thought about the fence again.