Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ever been attacked by an animal? >

Ever been attacked by an animal?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ever been attacked by an animal?

Old 09-24-2007, 05:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Ever been attacked by an animal?

We used to have a cat when I was a kid. He'd have fits every now and then and attack. Problem was, he always went for me. I'd be in one end of the house and hear the thing come bounding throught the house. It would land with all 4s a teeth right in my chest. It was weird.

And then there was Roberta in college. God what an animal.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:24 AM
Typical Buck

I shot a doe last year with my rifle using ballistic tips. Hit her shoulder, when i walked up to slice her throat i stuck my knife in and she jumped up and chased me through the field and myriflewas laying back where i shot her[:@], i had to run back and get the gun to shoot her again. She did ram me in the rear end once while she was chasing me. I also had my families bull we had whenwe had dairy cows attack me and throw me about 10-15 feet in the air when i was7 years old. the bullbroke my collar bone[:'(]
Old 09-25-2007, 06:06 PM

I hope my story doesn't sound like as big a lie as some of you guys! I was predator calling one black night, thought I heard something and turned on the headlight to see a great horned owl five feet from my face coming hard. I ducked, threw my free arm up and hit the owl. He flew up and landed in a tree over my head. Scared the wee wee out of me.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

shot a narrow 2x3 whitetail during shotgun season and after 45 mins i determined it expired. I walked up put my tag on the antlers and got ready to start draggin him out when he got up on his front legs and began charging me. My gun was about 10 yds away and both my hands were busy holding his rack as far away as possible. I pushed him one way and dove the other, grabbed my gun and gave him one more shot. Then drug him out. Hes now part of a antler chandelier at my fathers house.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

"And then there was Roberta in college. God what an animal. "

Haha thats good
Old 09-25-2007, 06:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

blasted a squirrel with a 12ga once..flew off the limb and hit the ground. me and my buddy walk down and i grab it by the tail. i was young..maybe 13-14. naturally i hold it up for dad to see not far up the hill. right as i was swinging around the hill to face dad, the sucker came to life...clawed my wrist like a cat...flung that sucker to the ground and it took off runnin...lets just say i got the last word in the battle

watched dad about get attacked by a couple bucks...you know the horny, delierious full rut bucks...i remember one was honestly about to step on him...he screamed in its face and it barely flinched...id like to find me one of them here in a couple weeks

another time dad and i were setup on a point in spring gobbler season. mid morning...i knew dad was going to nap. we both took turns calling for a while 50yds apart or so. dad fell silent for a while so i just sat there..next thing i know dad is screamin like a girl...then i hear the saftey click off and wings start beating...turn to my left and see a long beard flyin and dad pointin his gun at it..dad said it brushed his pant leg..woke him up and he opened his eyes and the turkey stuck his head around the tree and was doin the ole head bob...i still tease him about screamin like a girl...i better tease him about that this weekend its been a while
Old 09-25-2007, 07:16 PM

Was walking a cutline a few years ago and i hear this noise to my right and here its a black bear charging full steam for me, i brought my 30.06 up and i was about to squeeze but he stopped about 10yds from me then turned ran 10yds, starred at me some more then went into the bush's. I think what stopped him was the barbwire fence between us but he was about one more step away from gettin a 180grain Partition between the shoulder blades.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

does my wife count??
Old 09-25-2007, 07:54 PM

Never actually got attacked but was if fear for my life twice.
1. First when hunting on a WMA one morning in dark walking in to new spot. Felt kind of weird, like I was being watched. Found an opening and set up climber on tree on edge of clearing. Got up in position. As the dawn was breaking and I could begin to see, I saw a nice size doe approaching from the left. She crossed behind a set of bushes about twenty five yards away. So I hurried up and drew ready to release when she reappeared on the other side. As she stepped out , I about crapped in my pants. It was actually about a 120# cougar. She or he was just walking real slow looking around at the trees in my direction but didn't see me. It finally laid down at about thirty yards and watched the sun rise. For the next hour I had a wild cougar laying on the ground thirty yards from me lickingit's paws.Finally, I decided I had to push this animal on so I pull out my fawn bleat. What a mistake! When I blew on the thing the animal jumped to attention and didn't so much as move a muscle for the next twenty minutes. I watched it's eyes just pan back and forth looking for its next meal. It finally put its head down and walked off into the woods. Only after a few hours did I climb down and move on to another area. Spooky!!!!

Forget the second story....I will tell it some other time.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:37 PM

I usually get buzzed by a hawk or an owl a couple of times a year. Just happened tonight, same bird came flying at my face twice. I always seethem first and wave my arms and they put on the breaks. I'm just worried about the one I don't see and it hits me in the face those talons look like they could do some damage.

Quick Reply: Ever been attacked by an animal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.