HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Got my Hunny Bun and Dr.Pepper Gonna get a buck tonight! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/208046-got-my-hunny-bun-dr-pepper-gonna-get-buck-tonight.html)

bigpapa 09-21-2007 06:45 AM

Got my Hunny Bun and Dr.Pepper Gonna get a buck tonight!

Think what you will but I am a sure fire believer that if you drink a Dr.Pepper and eat a Hunny Bun on the way to a hunt then you will at a minimum see quality game. This has been tried and true over the past years. Case in point: opening morning Ihad a buiscuit and coffee for breakfast....Didn't see anything all morning. Last week I remembered and had my HB and Dr.P and had a doe come right under my stand.
My question is what type of rituals do you guys do prior to a hunt to ensure a shot a quality game?

Btw if you use mine don't tell anybody then everybody willuse it andthere won't be any deer left.

Finch 09-21-2007 06:51 AM

RE: Got my Hunny Bun and Dr.Pepper Gonna get a buck tonight!

Haha, funny you should mention this. I used to (and still do) take a can of vienna sausages with me into the woods for a snack. I know, I know...peckers and snouts but I still eat it.:D

Anyway, I swear everytime I would eat this I would see deer that day. I would dump the juice on the ground and used to "think" the deer liked the smell. I know it's probably not the case but its just one of those things.

twildasin 09-21-2007 06:59 AM

Well I like them both so i will have to give it a try!

GMMAT 09-21-2007 07:02 AM

Too much Sugar! Can't sleep!

HuntingBry 09-21-2007 07:07 AM

This year I had my son pick out my "lucky" arrow. I had gone 0 for 3 on deer sightings before this and since I had him pick the lucky arrow and I've used it I've seen deer the last 6 times out.

BowHuntingFool 09-21-2007 07:54 AM

I always seem to have luck when I ask my Pops to bring one past me!:)

louddrummer69 09-21-2007 08:41 AM

I never bring a camera with me in the woods. For some reason, everytime I bring a camera I don't see anything. So for luck the camera stays in the truck.

NCRemington700 09-21-2007 08:45 AM

I just make sure the leash is good and tight around the deer's kneck before I get in the tree!! :D

Rob/PA Bowyer 09-21-2007 09:12 AM

"I love it when they call me bigpapa, put your hands in the air...". lol

No rituals here. I do however change arrows if I'm not seeing anything. I don't know why.

StealthHtr22 09-21-2007 09:20 AM

My dad andI used to eat a couple tootsie rolls before we got in the stand and also would take them with us. Itslowly faded away. I need to get back in that habit though,I hada streak going for a couple years where I'd eat 4 before each hunt and saw deer.Now I just usually chew on some Grizzly Wtgn.