Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What Bank do you use? >

What Bank do you use?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Bank do you use?

Old 09-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default What Bank do you use?

Sorry for posting this here. But I frequent this forum the most.

I was just wondering what bank I should look into for a checking/savings account.

I currently am with Wells Fargo and am very unhappy with their customer service and the way their computer system is run (I got in a tight spot with money, had to write a check that I knew was going to over draw my account, but I was just going to pay the fee. Then comes monday, i had a couple check card purchases for a few bucks on the 13th and 14th, one on the 15th, and the check, on the 15th. So they post the check first, then go from highest to lowest in the amount and I am way in the negative from all their fees now)[:@][:@][:@][:@] Pretty much sittin at broke on the day I get paid.

So if you were going to suggest Wells Fargo...no thanks

EDIT - The way they set it up...they screwed me out of about 300 dollars more than I should have spent
Old 09-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What Bank do you use?

Bank of America...I have checking, savings, credit card, and other investments with them, they are the best by far.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:25 PM

bank of america
Old 09-19-2007, 04:31 PM

Check out a credit union. They usually have the least amount of fees and make better interest.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Bartender

My Wife.[:@]
Old 09-19-2007, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

A lot of banks will process checks from largest to smallest, hoping to bounce more. I suspect most big name banks will. I am also with Wells Fargo, and I am getting a little disgusted, just not enough to leave.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Typical Buck

I looked into Bank of America, and they don't have a branch around here. That would be a little inconvenient for making deposits other than payday
Old 09-19-2007, 04:52 PM

Bank of America:Are you sure? Read this!
[/align][/align][/align][/align]

The Bank: Can I help you?
Customer: Yes, I want to cancel my account. I don't want to do business with you any longer.

The Bank: Why?

Customer: You're giving credit to illegal immigrants and I don't think it's right. I'm taking my business elsewhere.

The Bank: Well, Mr. Customer, we don't want to see you do that, but we can't stop you.I'll help you close the account. What is your account number?

Customer: (gives account number)

The Bank: For security purposes and for your protection, can you please give me the last four digits of your social security number?

Customer: No?

The Bank: Mr. Customer, I need to verify your information, but in order to help you, I'll need verification of who you are.

Customer: Why should I give you my social security number? The reason I'm closing my account is that your bank is issuing credit cards to illegal immigrants who don't have social security numbers. You are targeting that audience and want their business. Let's say I'm an illegal immigrant and you've given me a credit card. I have a question about it and call for assistance. You wouldn't be asking me for a Social Security number, would you?

The Bank: No sir, I wouldn't.

Customer: Why not?

The Bank: Because you would have pressed '2' to speak in Spanish. We don't ask for that information when calling in on the Spanish line.
[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]
Old 09-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buck_Slayer

I looked into Bank of America, and they don't have a branch around here. That would be a little inconvenient for making deposits other than payday
I was the same way but I opened an account with them anyway. It is not my primary account though. You can open it right on their website. But if there are no branches locally it's probably best if you have direct deposit. I use them as my "play" money. I have $50 direct deposited into that account every pay. Then I use that for hunting gear, hobbies, etc.

My main bank is Citizens Bank. Not sure if they are in your area. They are a decent bank. I really have no complaints. I overdrafted my account once in an emergency situation and they give you 2 "free" overdrafts per year so it didn't cost me anything.

Another thing to consider is getting overdraft protection on your account. They will open a line of credit for you to backup your checking account so any overdrafts get billed to that credit account.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Typical Buck

I would like to have an account that I can just link up my savings to an overdraft protection type deal. It has just been hard as hell to try and get ahead of myself with WellsFargo when they are getting me with all of these fees. This got just way out of hand and I would like a bank that actually has some customer service if something like this does happen. I guess you live and you learn.

I will check into Citizens Bank...I may end up going with a small town bank in the town that I grew up in..but keep the recomendations coming. (I do have direct deposit at my job)

Quick Reply: What Bank do you use?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.