Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scared of coyotes? >

Scared of coyotes?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scared of coyotes?

Old 09-19-2007, 01:22 PM

Default RE: Scared of coyotes?

round my neck of the woods coyotes are sissyyyyyyyyssssssss if they see or smell you their gone
Old 09-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why be scared of something i can kill with my bare hands [8D]
Old 09-19-2007, 02:14 PM

I'm not going to lie walking into the woods at night and hearing a noise, then moving your flashlight in that direction and seeing eyes glowing back at you is not exactly fun tho.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Never been scared of yotes. They are in fact an amazing animals and in PA, any sign of humans and they get gone fast. The only time I even second guessed was a time we were set up on a wounded doe in the darkness and the yotes started circling us.

Yote, nah like CM said, domestic dogs are more of an issue. I don't think I"ve ever heard of a human/yote casuality or attack. There is nothing in the wild wood of PA that I even think twice about. Black bears flea quick too, all you need to do is make a little noise.

The only thing scary in my PA woods would be another human. I can handle them.
If you can take him then im afraid to see you.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:29 PM

Yotes are getting bolder with the increase of loss of habitat. The other day my girlfriend let her small dog out to do it's business, within two minute she heard her dog and a coyote had it running accross the pasture. Luckily the coyote dropped her dog. Dog lived but suffered a punctured lung and some broken ribs. Coyotes are on my list
Old 09-19-2007, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't imagine being scared of a coyote. The only time I've been remotely freaked out in the woods was on 9/1 this year when my buddy shot a bear w/ his bow. We thought we were tracking a dead bear. When we tracked it to it's den it ran out the back side but didn't run away. It went from side to side, half-way around us. We had no weopon other then a pocket knife with us. stupid, I know, but we thought it was dead.

but a coyote? maybe it's to shoot the coyote if they see it, not necessarily for protection???

...speaking of porcupines. I almost ran one over tuesday. dang thing wouldn't move off the road for anything. I had to go around it.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Heck, even the Road Runner isn't afraid of the coyote.[8D]
Old 09-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

You are more likely to be attacked by a deer than a Yote.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:00 PM

yotes and bears are nothing to be scared of in pa, here is a picture of what you really got to watch out for:

Old 09-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

I read in Outdoor Life a few years ago that coyotes attacks on people are becoming more and more common. However, this is actually happening in the cities and suburbs where they aren't hunted.

One attack, the coyote was after a young girl, and didn't back down when the father stepped in. He got her into the house safely.

Another one, a coyote attacked a guy who fell asleep in a park.

I don't have any fear of coyotes and wouldn't carry a firearm for protection against one, Here they are rarely seen, and when they are seen they usually have lead chasing them.

Quick Reply: Scared of coyotes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.