Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who's packin' heat while bowhunting? >

Who's packin' heat while bowhunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Bow in hand and gun on my side
24.32%
Always packing heat; no matter what
23.65%
Gun stays in the house
52.03%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Who's packin' heat while bowhunting?

Old 09-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Who's packin' heat while bowhunting?

I always carry in the woods. My Glock 26 9mm, even during rifle season. Anytime I am doing something where other people are probably gonna have weapons, I carry. I don't trust other people with weapons... period. Call me what you want, but I only got one shot at this thing called "living", and no one is taking it away from me.

In my line of work, I have seen many people stone dead who probably left the house thinking that everything was cool and they would never need to defend themselves. Better them than me... and that is not fear... its brains.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:14 PM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Sounds like some of you girls need to man-up doggy. 'Fraid the boogie man's gonna getcha or what? Do you guys wear miniskirtswhile you hunt, too?

I guess I can understand... in Timberwolf, grizzly, lion country, fine. But we have nancies here in PA who insist on packing to their treestands. Haha.

If you're afraid of the dark, you're just plain skeered of the dark. No way around it. Hey, if a barred owl or a distant coyote makes the hair on your neck stand up - maybe you should just get out of the stand a little early and hotfoot it back to the truck - or just stay on the porch. Your pistol isn't gonna save you from scary noises and your own imagination.
It's better to be prepared than not prepared. You can keep living in your fantasy world Quick. I'll live in mine.

Starting this thread, I was unsure whether or not I would carry during season.I think I will nowafter reading some of these responses.

You can never be too safe.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not needed and illegal here in Illionis and Wisconsin.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:18 PM

you guys who can carry legally are lucky. here in maryland you cant. which kind of sucks. i feel much better with it also. i dont want to break the law tho. so i guess i will jus stick to my knife and hands lol
Old 09-18-2007, 05:26 PM

I already pointed out that I don't carry, but my father does. He carries because he has been held up on more than one occasion out on the public land. With as many hillbillies and trailer trash we have in our neck of the woods, I can't blame him for carrying.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Dr Andy

Not needed and illegal here in Illionis and Wisconsin.
Define not needed Dr. Andy

I'm not trying to pick a fight with ya, just curious to why you say it's not warranted (carrying a firearm while in the woods)
Old 09-18-2007, 05:34 PM

i agree. even if the chance is 1 to 1000 that nothing will happen, when something does, wouldnt you be overprepared then under?
Old 09-18-2007, 05:35 PM

wouldnt you want to be overprepared thanunderprepared?***
Old 09-18-2007, 05:39 PM

Some days I carry the .44 snubby, some I don't; depends where I'm going and what I'm doing. Most days now I leave the extra weight at home as I hunt open country. If I'm hunting deer in the timber or in heavy brush I carry it more for the hike out with a pack full of meat. If I'm hunting brown bears I carry it but I have a BIG rifle in the truck to go back for if I'm following one up in the brush.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

not needed and ilegal here in Rhode Island

Quick Reply: Who's packin' heat while bowhunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.