Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ever had a squirrel jump on ya?? >

Ever had a squirrel jump on ya??

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ever had a squirrel jump on ya??

Old 09-18-2007, 06:23 AM

Default RE: Ever had a squirrel jump on ya??

I've never had a squirrl jump on me, but I have shared a ground blind withone of them noisy buggers. He wasn't very happy when I showed up that morning. Sat there barking at me for like 10 mins before his ADD kicked in and he forgot what he was doing.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:48 AM

I had a squirrel pee on me.....does that count!
Old 09-18-2007, 07:18 AM
Fork Horn

Never a squirrel, but I had a grass snake slide on my neck and then down my side. I don't know who was more scared, me or him, the only reason I stayed in the stand was because he bailed before I did. I was certainly on my way. I'd never had a snake on my neck before, but somehow I knew instantly it was a snake.

I laughed at myself after I saw it was a greenie.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:22 AM

I had one a few years back that came flying down the tree and came to a screaching halt about 6 inches from my head. When I looked up, we were nose to nose. He went in to cardiac arrest and I'm pretty sure I did too. It startles you seeing a critter that close. Last year I had a little brown bat one night that kept flying circles around me and about every third lap he'd come busting in right at me. Not cool.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

My initiation into hunting was "stump sitting". That was how hunting deer was taught to me. One frosty morning I saw a squirrel running up the fence line I was sitting on. I didn't move and sure enough he jumped up on my lower leg and stopped. He must have known that something wasn't right because he just stopped. When he figured it out he didn't stick around long to see if there were any handouts! That didn't freak me as much as the Owl that buzzed my face at about 10 feet before it flared off while I was sitting in my treestand though!
Old 09-18-2007, 07:31 AM

I have a buddy that was sitting in his climber at about 12' and was eating some cheese cr@ckers (um, I had to use the @ symbol because the word is blocked [8D]). Like a moron, he dropped the wrapper and just left it because he could see it and was gonna pick it up when he got down. About 1/2 hr later he seen a black bear coming through the woods, sort of normal for FL and the black bear came to his stand, stuck his nose in the wrapper then decided to head up the tree. The bear got to almost the bottom of his stand when he finally decided that was close enough and screamed...hey, get outta here. That bear looked up, then down that tree and hauled butt out of the area.

That made for a funny lunch that day.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:02 AM

Never had a squirrel jump on me but I do got a good fishing story. Me and my stepdad were fishing in this pond in Maryland. It was a awesome pond that had wildlife all around. Well were fishing and there's this box I guess it was for ducks. I say I wonder if anything is in that box.My stepdad says there ain't nothing in there.Well my stepdad gets on the very front of the boat opens up the box and this woodduck comes flying out in his face he just about falls out of the boat and I'm in the back laughing my ass off. I'll never forget it as long as I live.You had to be there to get the hole effect it was priceless.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:49 AM

never had a problem with squirrels, but i did get attacked by an owl last year........still gives me chills to think about it......
Old 09-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

Yes. I knew he was going to and it still scared the sh*t out of me and him!
Old 09-18-2007, 12:30 PM

never had one actually in my lap. but last year a fox squirrel couldnt quite figure out what i was so he climbed the tree infront of me and shimmeyed out onto a branch that was a little longer than arms length away. and he just sat there for about 2min. bobbing his head up and down back and forth trying to figure out what i was and work up the courage to jump. it was so funny watching that squirrel that i started chuckling like freakin santa clause whichscared the crap out ofthe squirrel and he vamoosed barking the whole way through the woods!

Quick Reply: Ever had a squirrel jump on ya??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.