Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How do you drag your deer out? >

How do you drag your deer out?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do you drag your deer out?

Old 09-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How do you drag your deer out?

Muscles, dont have an ATV.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:13 PM

anyway possible
Old 09-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Some of these were pretty funny.......

I grab em by the "horns"..... That'sjust theway I roll..... I'm notgoing touse a 4 wheeler or game cart.... Maybe one day when I am a little older though? I work hard to kill my deer and I am going to work hard getting them out, that's how I look at it.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

If it is fairly long drag i will use a cart,if it's not too far i use my saftey strap or harness.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm with Buckeye. I usually jog to my stand......do jumping jacks on stand......shoot them and sprint the blood trail. Once there.....I drag him back to the tree I was in......and lay out all my gear in a line and do suicides back and forth to my vehicle to put my gear up. I then drag my deer out while subconsciously humming the theme from "Rocky".....and I've been known to add weight to the deer to make it tougher.

Seriously.....if I can drive the 4 wheeler right up to the deer.....I'm gonna.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:15 PM

Since me and my buddy hunt a few miles from the trucks we ride camo bicycles close to our stands and walk the rest. When either of us kill one we field dress him and put it on the bike. The seat goes in the open cavity. Tie his head to the handle bars and legs to the frame and just push him out. Sounds a little weird, but it works.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

i use the fall harness and the strap around its neck and muscle
Old 09-21-2007, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'm with Buckeye. I usually jog to my stand......do jumping jacks on stand......shoot them and sprint the blood trail. Once there.....I drag him back to the tree I was in......and lay out all my gear in a line and do suicides back and forth to my vehicle to put my gear up. I then drag my deer out while subconsciously humming the theme from "Rocky".....and I've been known to add weight to the deer to make it tougher.

Seriously.....if I can drive the 4 wheeler right up to the deer.....I'm gonna.
There's another funny one

I was self taught hunter thatdidn't come from a whole lot of money as a young man and this is how I learned to do it......Unlike when I was growing up I can afford a 4 wheeler, game carts etc etc now...... I will still drag them out by hand until the day I feel incapable of doing so safely.

Ask my buddy Frank. He shot his buck down at camp last year on the 30th.... He used the 4 wheeler to get it out. I shot mine on the 31st and we drug it out by hand...It was a honest to god mile drag as well. I enjoyed every moment of it...... Telling the story of the hunt and reminiscing back on the hunt you just had.... Don't get much better than that IMO
[/align]
Old 09-21-2007, 07:27 PM
Dominant Buck

Scott I was just poking fun.

I drag mine, too. I DID drive the ATV to get that doe the other morning. I was exhausted by the time I found her....and I needed to get her butchered, quick.

No problem dragging....and I use my harness and the hooks on the side....and attach my tether rope to the deer's neck.....(unless the head has antlers).
Old 09-21-2007, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

A Game Kart.........get one with the biggest (tall) bike wheels and the widest one you can find to. They work pretty good.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: How do you drag your deer out?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.