Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting Pranks!! >

Hunting Pranks!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting Pranks!!

Old 09-13-2007, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Pranks!!

Okay, I have a little story to tell. My uncle who is the paranoid type believes we have huge black bears in S.E. Oklahoma and he is terrified of them. Everyone calls him delusional, so when we thought of this prank it was perfect.

The next year at deer camp we had made a homemade bear tracks from a size 14 shoe. We traced the shoe on wood and cut it out and made claws on the cut out as well. When we were scouting the area we ran into these huge bear tracks and he was scared. He pulled out this huge revolver and said this is why I bring this. The rest of the group thinks I'm crazy, but I knew I would find proof. However, the trick wasn't over, we had also taken an axe to a tree about 25 yards from all of the tracks. When he saw the tree he goes we need to get out of here asap. We never had the heart to break it to him and he's still looking for that monster black bear. Every year when he comes down everyone snickers at his expense, poor guy.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I spent 3 hours stalking a really nice buck in the back corner of a field. It was shotgun season and I knew the deer would be mine. Popped my head up over a berm for what should have been a nice 50 yard shot.
Well it turned out to be a 3D target. I snuck out of there as quietly as I snuck in. Was a great job of stalking !!
Old 09-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Planter

I spent 3 hours stalking a really nice buck in the back corner of a field. It was shotgun season and I knew the deer would be mine. Popped my head up over a berm for what should have been a nice 50 yard shot.
Well it turned out to be a 3D target. I snuck out of there as quietly as I snuck in. Was a great job of stalking !!
So, you shoot deer at 50 yards? You must be an excelent shot. Send me a picture of your groups at 50 yards.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: 8pt~Bowhunter

ORIGINAL: Planter

So, you shoot deer at 50 yards? You must be an excelent shot. Send me a picture of your groups at 50 yards.

I don't know about you, but I'm a pretty good shot at 50 yards with a shotgun
Old 09-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

We had a couple of pranks we always pulled. The first one we would run a fishing line from the feeder into a bedroom window in the cabin and tie it to a can filled with nuts and bolts. Everytime a deer or bear would walk by the feeder that thing would wake your butt up and scare the crap out of the guy we would put it next to.

And of course in camp there is alwaysa guy that had to sleep on an air matress. Right after he would fall asleep we would open the valve just a bit and listen to him fight his way out of bed. Listen to him pump it up and wait for the snores and do it all over again.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

The funniest prank I can think of actually happened to me. Roughly 4 or 5 years ago when I was using a 35 mm game camera at my parents house. My parents live in the city and my friends knew that my camera was down in my parents woods. So when I was out of town my buddies went down in front of the camera and did alot of unexplicable things in front of the camera. Me not knowing this was psyched because the film was done and the counter read there was a lot of activity. So I take the film to Wal-mart and come back expecting a package full of pics. Well instead there was a little red piece of paper saying that these pics weren't able to be processed b/c of the material. I was like what the hell could deer possibly be doing that the pics couldn't be processed. Well after looking at the negatives I figured it out. Those bastards.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can actuallymake a 50 yard shot with my 11-87 speacial purpose with a 2x7 Leopold scope on it. I can even make that shot with my old 1100 with rifled sights and a smoothbore barrel. I sure can't make that shot with my bow. Jr. should read posts a little bit more closely.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:27 PM

Once I snuck over to my cousin's houseit wasthe morning of the first frost of the year and covered his windshield in suave coconut shampoo. He went out and jumped in his truck and turned his wipers on and smeared it around real good! Then realizing it wasn't frost he jumped out to wash it off. I seen him later that morning as I was dragging a deer outta the woods and you could smell the coconut on him. He proceeded to tell me that it took him an hour to wash it off and that his wife seen who done it! She seen the vehicle leaving the driveway which ironically wasn't my truck and to this day he is still looking for that truck. The best thing about the whole deal is that when he got close to his stand he jumped up some deer that ran right to me. I still thank him for that one!!
Old 09-13-2007, 03:28 PM

these things are cracking me up... i'm sitting here trying to strategically plan out where i can get a dummy from and how i can get it to somebodys stand before the opener.

i thougt of another with all the discussion about grandfathers... this was before even my fathers day, but i've heard the story enough i feel like i was there.

this was when my grandfather was a young man so it was probably in the 40's. the guys were all dove hunting and absolutely nothing was flying. apparently a heron sores out over the field and they started to joke about its bravery on that particular day with several itchy trigger fingers and no doves to shoot at. someone bet my grandfather a dollar (which i guess was alot then) he couldnt take it down. being the non law abiding teenager that he was, my grandfather let one single shot fly at the bird. everyone says it folded up and never flapped again and slammed the ground in the middle of the field. my grandfather still swears this thing was so high there is no possible way he could have hit it and died of natural causes.

well he runs out there flipping out and a kid whos dad is dove hunting in the field runs over and beats him to it. the kids yelling my daddy wants to see it my daddy wants to see it. finally my grandfather pries the bird from the kids fingers and disposes of the evidence.

the rest of the guys get together that night and call him saying they are the game warden and asking him questions about what he did that day and if he was dove hunting, yada yada yada. papa confessed to everything and was crying the blues asking for forgiveness and they acted like they were coming to take his gun and arrest him. Not a dove season goes by without that story getting told while everyone is waiting for 12:00 to roll around opening day!

Old 09-13-2007, 03:52 PM

I know of two good pranks. One involves a camp where the guys always cut shirttails off if someone misses. Well, one guy had just cut his buddy's shirttail off the day before for missing. The next morning he shot and missed. The camp just happens to be pretty close to the other guy's house so he decides to go by there on his way back to camp. The guy's wife is there so he tells her that her husband needs some more clothes for the camp. She brings out a brand new camo shirt and gives to him. Before he gets to the camp he puts the shirt on. Of course first thing the other guy is running up there wanting to know where the deer is since he heard him shoot. He admits to missing so the other guy starts grinning and breaks out his pocket knife. He then proceeds to cut nearly the whole back off the the shirt. He was a little hot when he found out he'd just cut up his own shirt! At least they can laugh and joke about it now.
The same guy also had to call the wife of a friend one time and admit to a prank after he'dstuffed some panties into her husband's suitcase while on a hunting trip.
The other prank that I've got time to mention took place the first year they opened Felsenthal NWR back in the late 70's. There was a policeman that hunted in a nearby camp and he was down there in his patrol vehicle. The campground at Felsenthal had a bunch of out of town folks camping down there for the first hunt and the locals weren't too happy about how the refuge had taken over some of their territory anyway. So they decide to have a police chase through the campground down there at about 9:30 or 10:00 that night. A guy in his truck with the cop chasing him drives through there shooting pistols up in the air out the window. Folks were diving behind trees and running in and out of tents like nobody's business. Anyway, they tear out of the campground and on back up the road. A little while later they and a bunch of other camp members load up in some different vehicles and went down to the Felsenthal campground to ask the people camped out therewhat all that commotion was about.
No telling what kind of trouble they'd be in if they tried that stunt nowdays.

Quick Reply: Hunting Pranks!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.