HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Speaking of things you find in the woods.... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/206682-speaking-things-you-find-woods.html)

Charlie P 09-13-2007 08:13 AM

RE: Speaking of things you find in the woods....

Their weed is gone you really think they are going to go for a death sentence and try and find Justin?

I knew a lot of growers when I was younger ,none of them boobie trapped fields or went crazy when fields were busted.

your talking abvout going from a cultivation of MJ wrap to murder, it's not worth it.

BKE 09-13-2007 08:21 AM

Did they (sheriff) at least let you keep the space heater? :)

Justin 09-13-2007 08:23 AM

Wow, this thread went a lot longer than I thought it would. :D

In any case, the site we found had been abandoned for at least 3-4 weeks judging from the sign. The tarps were tattered and rained on, there was no "fresh" sign at all. Preliminary reports from the local sheriff say that the packaging materials found at this site are the same found at the site of a major marijuana bust several weeks ago about 5 miles away, leading people to believe the nefarious pot-growers could possibly already be in jail.

As for the booby traps, the sheriffs did tell us that sort of stuff is more common at sites where people are cooking meth, not growing pot. Although when we happened upon this site in the woods we didn't go in, we left right away and contacted the authorities. The photos I posted were taken later on after we returned with the police and they cleared the area.

The remainder of the live, still growing, plants were located yesterday a meere yards from where I park my truck when I go hunting, and where the police cruisers parked when we took them out there. I guess I should spend more time looking for pot plants and less time looking for deer tracks in the future. :D

Anywho - I'm not too concerned about someone coming back to "get me". I won't be hunting that particular spot much this year, if at all, for other reasons. Namely, I have better spots to go that are a few miles down the road. If I do end up out there it most likely won't be until late season, and if they want to come get me when it's 10 degrees and snowing out, I'll make sure to have an arrow nocked and ready to go.

bryant1 09-13-2007 08:26 AM

That was really stupid of them to dry it outside. Sounds like they us their own product! Some of those pot growers are very seroius about their crops- I would be on the lookout for them.

rookie51 09-13-2007 09:52 AM

Thats a lot of dank did u test just to make sure.. JK Glad ur alright that could have been ugly. My buddy found a meth lab on his property.