Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Mathews

Old 09-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: My Mathews

ORIGINAL: TriStateHunter

Where's the stabilizer? Did you cut it off? lol
I don't use a stabilizer. The bow feels fineand shoots fine without one, I just screwed in ahollow rubber vibration dampener.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

That is a beautiful thing right there....
Old 09-13-2007, 03:14 PM
Fork Horn

Nice Bow!!! I have a switchback (05) and love it.

One question though....Is there a reason you are using a peep with the tubing? Peep rotation shouldn't be an issue with the new cuda Strings and cables....if in fact that's what you have on there. That darn tubing was always a pain in my butt....would break at the worst times.[:@]
Old 09-13-2007, 03:33 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Browning_1

Nice Bow!!! I have a switchback (05) and love it.

One question though....Is there a reason you are using a peep with the tubing? Peep rotation shouldn't be an issue with the new cuda Strings and cables....if in fact that's what you have on there. That darn tubing was always a pain in my butt....would break at the worst times.[:@]
Thanks all...

Browning, Yep it has the new barracuda strings and cables on it. I use a tube style peep because I know for sure my peep will rotate. Even the best string material and even more importantly the best made strings/cables can and do creep. Especially with drastic weather changes and in extreme hot or cold weather.

I change my tubing twice a year, once before hunting season and once after it. I have yet to have a tube failure and I have yet to have a situation where my peep wasn't lined up perfectly when I drew my bow. The key is to make sure it's on right and the correct length ie: just short enough to rotate the peep so there is not too much tension on the tubing.

If I shot competition, I would probably put on a tubeless style peep but I don't, I only hunt so I will stick to what works.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Site Bouncer

Just want to add that it's set up right now that If I took the tube off it would probably be lined up perfect at full draw. The tubing is "insurance" if you would.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

Nice bow break it in on a biggen, good luck this fall