Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 found something odd in the woods scouting today >

found something odd in the woods scouting today

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

found something odd in the woods scouting today

Old 09-13-2007, 12:45 PM

Default RE: found something odd in the woods scouting today

ORIGINAL: WARedBear

Good job. Hopefully they will catch the drug dealers. You can never be to careful these days. I bought a 9mm this year and started carrying it with me when scouting and hunting. It has given me a good peace of mind having it.

Be safe
Reid
I would carry a sidearm during bow season but it's not legal in MI but I'm assuming it's legal in your state?
Old 09-13-2007, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, where are you guys hunting??? The West side??? Everyone's got pot growers, meth labs, booby traps... HOLY CRAP!!! Y'all are going to make me scared to go to my secret public spots this year without goin' in strapped
Old 09-13-2007, 01:32 PM

You need to be careful when going up to stuff like that... They may not be home, but you never know who's watching from where... I've found old campers deep deep deep in the woods that LOOK abandoned, but you never know what kind of crazy is in there. I remember getting nervous and feeling like someone was watching me - wondering if they were watching me with the crosshairs of a .270 on me. Crazy, but not impossible.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd rather be cought with it then without it
Old 09-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Drizzu213

ORIGINAL: WARedBear

Good job. Hopefully they will catch the drug dealers. You can never be to careful these days. I bought a 9mm this year and started carrying it with me when scouting and hunting. It has given me a good peace of mind having it.

Be safe
Reid
I would carry a sidearm during bow season but it's not legal in MI but I'm assuming it's legal in your state?

It is with a CCW
Old 09-13-2007, 04:15 PM

yea guys buy my question is how to get a CCW. i mean, they do a background check and all to actually buy the handgun, which you can legally carry to the range or to one place to another, but it doesnt give you legal right to carry it around on your person. im pretty sure, atleast in MD, you need to have a specific reason for it. i asked the gun shop owner where i bought my gun and he said one of 3 situations will give you legal right to carry a handgun with you
1. carrying large sums of money (like leaving your work and going to deposit thousands in a bank late at night)
2. owning a store or gun shop
3. getting threated for your life more than 3 times.
i think this is pretty dumb, IMO. i mean i know everyone cant walk around with guns lol, but if im in a state forest hunting, by myself with a bow, i would feel much better with my sidearm to protect me from crazy mental person, a bear, or whatever. but i dont want to carry it if its illegal, ya know, i dont need to get a charge over something like that, even though i would rather have it on me than not. i guess i will just continue to carry a big ol sharp knive and hope nothing happens. but i truly think its illegal to carry your licensed pistol with you on public land. if im wrong let me know
Old 09-13-2007, 04:34 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: geterdun2

yea guys buy my question is how to get a CCW. i mean, they do a background check and all to actually buy the handgun, which you can legally carry to the range or to one place to another, but it doesnt give you legal right to carry it around on your person. im pretty sure, atleast in MD, you need to have a specific reason for it. i asked the gun shop owner where i bought my gun and he said one of 3 situations will give you legal right to carry a handgun with you
1. carrying large sums of money (like leaving your work and going to deposit thousands in a bank late at night)
2. owning a store or gun shop
3. getting threated for your life more than 3 times.
i think this is pretty dumb, IMO. i mean i know everyone cant walk around with guns lol, but if im in a state forest hunting, by myself with a bow, i would feel much better with my sidearm to protect me from crazy mental person, a bear, or whatever. but i dont want to carry it if its illegal, ya know, i dont need to get a charge over something like that, even though i would rather have it on me than not. i guess i will just continue to carry a big ol sharp knive and hope nothing happens. but i truly think its illegal to carry your licensed pistol with you on public land. if im wrong let me know
Who is to say what is a lot of money. if you get popped just make sure you have like 100 bucks on ya. then tell them that is a lot to you
Old 09-13-2007, 04:41 PM

lol thats a good point, and he didnt explain it too much because i didnt ask because at the time, i didnt even think i would need one ya know. why do i need to carry a pistol with me....? but when really thinking of it, in the woods in certain situations, i think its best. i would hate to say im going to do it anyway ya know, i really would, but i hear alot of stories and see on TV where people get mauled by bears and all, i would hate that lol. i think i may call the state police and ask them.

i mean i would rather be caught with it then without it, but i would hate to catch a charge over something like that ya know. who knows what the law would say.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

The dent puller is what they use trying to pull their head out of their arse for being so stupid in the first place just my honest opinionfrom a honest wva redneckthank you and good bye
Old 09-13-2007, 05:12 PM

lol

Quick Reply: found something odd in the woods scouting today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.