Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tagging A Deer For Your Wife, Girlfriend, Kid - Whatever? >

Tagging A Deer For Your Wife, Girlfriend, Kid - Whatever?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tagging A Deer For Your Wife, Girlfriend, Kid - Whatever?

Old 09-12-2007, 10:19 AM

Default RE: Tagging A Deer For Your Wife, Girlfriend, Kid - Whatever?

It's common here in MO as well. I know of several large hunting parties that "pool" their tags and everyone shoots till they are gone. I don't condone it, but kind of "turn my back" to it.....Right or wrong....

There's some OBVIOUS dangers there. First, what if an agent comes along.....You have no tag, but you're hunting....Uh oh.....Second, what if a party has 10 tags, and they end up w/ 12 deer?? Uh oh......

Disclaimer: The use of the word "you" is not directed specifically at anyone, is being used generically.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:23 AM

Happens in WV alot too, people not checking in game is more common though.

I'll have to admit that I have had my wife check one in for me one year. Before you yell though let me clarify. WV is allowed 3 w/bow 1 with license and 2 if you buy xtra stamps.I usuallyhunt on own land, and use landowner privilege,the first deer takes away the license. There was a possibility that I would be hunting on a friends property and would be unable to use landowner privilege, so I had my wife check it in, in case I went and hunted on the friends land. Ended up not hunting on the land though. I don't see thisas wrong as what is happening in your area since I wasn't going to go over my allowed bag limit which is what is happening in your case.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

i agree with you chucker34 but i disagree kinda i do not pratice this as i have not got a deer in my first four years of hunt nor do i plan to i am alowed four deer here in IN and if i get four i will be more then happy but i think this crap of 1 deer a year or even two is stupid. I could see if someone hunted to feed his or hers family doing this but i hunt for fn not just to eat And it is illegal and i would say the law looks at it like boutching. But if it came down to my family eatting i would think it over but if i had to think it over i would not realy care as to have soemone eles have a tag to fill it under. If my family was going hungery.
Butif you do this just to get more deer there catch you at it here the person has to check there deer in i am not sure you could get away with it

but in ky you just call it in
Old 09-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

It happens in Texas but not as much as other states I would imagine. We have a pretty large bag limit so it isn't much of a problem. I'm not saying it doesn't happen because it does, butI don'tagree withit.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Spike

I don't if this is the reason why NY did it or not, but each hunter can have up 2 DMP permits transfered to them. I kind of like this move by NY. I am a meat hunter, while some of my friends don't shoot doe's. So I just have them transfer there tag's to me.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

This goes on all the time here in Michigan.GREED - thats all it is!!! Guys go out shoot 3-4 young bucks and smile and say My wife got her two wink wink.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:05 AM

Dont agree with it personally
Old 09-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: gplant

This goes on all the time here in Michigan.GREED - thats all it is!!! Guys go out shoot 3-4 young bucks and smile and say My wife got her two wink wink.
So you met some of my family
Old 09-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

It isn't just hunting laws. Those people are all over the place, in every walk of life. All we can to is teach our kids the right path and hope to weed the others out over time.
KP
Old 09-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Fork Horn

I've heard of it hear in IN as well, and the sad thing is, the county I hunt, the limit can be as many as 8 (it's listed as an urban co.). I believe you have to trust the DNR that they're doing the right thing and follow the law, bc it will only pay off in the future. I'd much rather take on deer a year, than risk bagging a couple in the names of other people and losing my license for a while. Not only it's breaking the law, but people are also going totally against what may need to be done for the local population to help restore it.

Quick Reply: Tagging A Deer For Your Wife, Girlfriend, Kid - Whatever?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.