Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 crimson talon broadheads?? >

crimson talon broadheads??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

crimson talon broadheads??

Old 09-12-2007, 08:15 AM
Spike

Default crimson talon broadheads??

i got the new crimson talon xt's i was just wondering if anybody out there has shot an animal with these broadheads,how much damage do they really do???
Old 09-12-2007, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: crimson talon broadheads??

5Shot did a review on the new Crimson Talon and really seemed impressed. Perhaps a search on his name would point you to the link.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

here's the link check out his site http://www.broadheadtests.com/NEWHEADS.html ..
Old 09-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot the CT Xt's a good bit.

They look deadly = curved blades with 3 bleeder blades.

But here is my short experience and why I am switching to the G5 Striker:

(1) the CT did not fly as true as the Striker. They hit to the right about 2-3 inches at 25 yards.
This could be my problem, and it wouldn't necessarily keep me from using them, but the Strikers hit
dead center (if anything a hair low).

(2) I got much better penetration on my target from the Strikers. I think the CT will do a whole
lot of damage, but I want a pass through, especially for tracking. I don't think with all that
twisting and curved blades and bleeder blades (lot more surface area and angles) that the
CT is as likely to get a pass through.

For those two reasons I am switching. But I do think the CT XT is a well made head and will do a lot
of damage, it just didn't build that confidence in me to put it in my quiver on opening day.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those little curved blades probably cause extra friction which can and will impede penetration. You also have to fletch the arrows in the same direction so the blades and fletching aren't opposing each other.

As far as damage? They have some blades and cut, just like every other head on the market. I'll take a good sharp straight bladed head any time. Frankly I can't believe this gimmick has lasted as long as it has.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Fork Horn

I shot a doe with the CT's, I thought they shot alright, but when they hit the ribs it toasted them (blades) leaving a very poor exit, with almost no blood. Could have been a one time thing, but I went back to Muzzy. It took me forever to find that doe!
Old 09-13-2007, 11:21 PM
Fork Horn

the new blades are super tough and some guys i talked to said they really couldnt beileve the damage done. i think they are less likely to get through a deer but with most bows today there should be plenty of KE to get it through .
Old 09-14-2007, 05:26 AM
Fork Horn

I had them a couple of years ago, and broke the blades taking them out of a taget, I switched to the Montec G5
Old 09-14-2007, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

The XTsare good BHs. Plenty of damage and they fly decent.
Don't listen to people how have never shot them before; they are just speculating.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:10 AM
CRP

I shot the regular CT's last year, and noticed the blades were damaged quite a bit after taking a deer. I'm going to give the XT's a try this year.

Quick Reply: crimson talon broadheads??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.