Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How I lost my 4x4 >

How I lost my 4x4

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How I lost my 4x4

Old 09-12-2007, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How I lost my 4x4

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

For some reason.....I thought you were gonna say you turned around to get your release.....and your truck (4x4)had rolled down the mountain.

Call me twisted.
Me too. BTW stories like this are why I shoot a stick and string and use my fingers. As long as I have the bow and arrow I can shoot. If I forget my gloves I shoot barehanded.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:05 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

For some reason.....I thought you were gonna say you turned around to get your release.....and your truck (4x4)had rolled down the mountain.

Call me twisted.
Too funny.. living out west I knew exactly what stuckinthereeds meant because we count left and right antlers and use the beam with the highest count as the "point count". Back east you boyz count all the points for your total.. who's right? who knows? just different.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Ever since I went to a release, about 7 or 8 years ago, I've carried and exact duplicate in my back. It's sealed in a double zip lock bag to keep it dirt and moisture free. I lube it, practice with it and make sure it's in A one condition. I've always shot a lil Goose but recently went to a sabertooth. I didn't buy a back up for that, I'll use one of the Lil Gooses for a back up. You have to practice though because it's a different feel and everything. Probably the first time I have to use it I'll buy a back up Sabertooth.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

they call that road hunting here in Pa. and its not legal I thought he was gonna tell us he shot at a fake deer and got arrested and lost his truck. Sorry about losing your release...get out there and hunt for him!
Old 09-12-2007, 02:14 PM

I always hook my release on my bow if Im leaving it for a short time. Im sorry to tell you this but........you should have left it strapped to your hand. I know, I know....its alright. We all make mistakes. HAHAHA. Sorry about the deer dude, I've been there myself. See something worth shooting at and cant find the release. Thats why I have to remind myself to attach it to my bow or keep it on me. Better luck next time.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: twildasin

they call that road hunting here in Pa. and its not legal I thought he was gonna tell us he shot at a fake deer and got arrested and lost his truck. Sorry about losing your release...get out there and hunt for him!
You sure about that?

Except as otherwise provided in this title, it is unlawful for any person to hunt or aid, abet, assist or conspire to hunt any game or wildlife through the use of a vehicle or conveyance of any kind or its attachment propelled by other than manpower. Nothing in this subsection shall pertain to any motorboat or sailboat if the motor has been completely shut off or sail furled, and the progress thereof has ceased.

It sounds to me if your motor is off or your out of the vehicle you can shoot.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

when i go hunting the first thing i do is when i open my bow case i strap on my release and never take it off till i am home and ready to put the bow back in the case i once drove 20 miles to shoot and left my release on my bed

once i was hunting and when i walked 1 mile to my spot and noticed i left my ammo tags liceance and every thing but my gun in my box in my truck there went a day
Old 09-12-2007, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would shoot with my fingers.