Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Smoking.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:01 AM

Default Smoking.

How many of you guys smoke while up in the stand? Does it effect the amount of deer you see at all?
Old 09-11-2007, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Smoking.

a great majority of the deer i have shot over the past 17 years have been taken during a smoke break or right after putting one out
Old 09-11-2007, 10:06 AM
bigcountry

I used to around 15 years ago. And after I quit that, my success rate shot up. I was downwind of some guys in WV, and could smell thier smoke 50 yards away. Then I chewed cope for the last 15 years in the stand, and gave that up last year.

I think it all depends. Are the deer used to humans? Are they always around smells like that? Does and spikes will come into about anything, but you take a mature buck, I just don't think he will move if he even got a hint of a cig in the area.

Fork Horn

It's not the ones that you see after or during a smoke, it's the big ones that you don't see.
Nontypical Buck

NO
Old 09-11-2007, 10:08 AM
bigcountry

Posts like this crack me up. I mean how do you guys know it doesn't affect them? People will always want to justify thier actions.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:48 AM

I'm sure they smell it and most of the time don't like it. Everybody has a story of a deer they saw while smoking or drinking coffee or something, but it's the deer they don't see that's the problem. I'm a half a pack a day smoker and I leave my cigarettes at the cabin when I go out bowhunting. Gunhunting's a different story. Most of the deer I see are running from another hunter and don't have time to wind me anyways. Also I'm just not as passionate about gunhunting.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Fork Horn

Not sure....But all I know is I have more deer ever since I quit three years ago...
Old 09-11-2007, 02:30 PM

I smoke scent lok carbon activated cigarettes and never have a problem with the deer smelling me
Old 09-11-2007, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Lefty26

I smoke scent lok carbon activated cigarettes and never have a problem with the deer smelling me
The jokes on you because you'll never be able to heat that cigarette up enough to reactivate the carbon.

Quick Reply: Smoking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.