HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Smoking. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/206469-smoking.html)

bloodcrick 09-11-2007 02:46 PM

RE: Smoking.

I quit 15 years ago and never looked back. When i did smoke they never went into the woods with me, except the smell on my handsand hair and... [:'(]:D

GoGoGadgetGuardian 09-11-2007 03:02 PM

hmmm.. isnt it true everytime one smokes a cig. it takes 7 days off that persons life... dang, for you hunters who smoke, your gonna be missing out on a lot of hunting days in the future......

as for smoking in the stands....NO COMMENT

ericstacy 09-11-2007 04:25 PM

Now 50 years old, I quit smoking 12 years ago.
Before quiting4 deer shot. Since quiting now have around
40 deer. You add it up. Deer are afraid of fires and move away.
They also associate cigarette smell the same way. If the wind
is in your face and your hunting a giant green field, let ur rip.
But if your in the woods with swurling winds, why loose a potential
trophy.

Arthur P 09-11-2007 04:47 PM

I quit 32 years ago. Never smoked in the woods when I did though. Even when the smoke is gone, the stink stays in your hair, clothes, skin and on your breath. It's in your lungs and makes your breath smell like the bottom of a dirty ashtray. It took three weeks after my last cigarette for me to stop coughing up that foul black mucous.[:'(]

WhitetailArchery369 09-11-2007 07:09 PM

my grandfather smokes cigarettes while hunting i wonder if anyones olse doo hmmmmmmmmmmmm?????

mobow 09-11-2007 07:13 PM

When I was a smoker, I killed several deer with a lit cigarette in my mouth......First off, if they smell the smoke they can most likely smell you, and, even if they didn't, I just don't think they're gonna relate the smell of smoke to danger....Unlike human odor.....

Lefty26 09-11-2007 07:33 PM

hmmm.. isnt it true everytime one smokes a cig. it takes 7 days off that persons life... dang, for you hunters who smoke, your gonna be missing out on a lot of hunting days in the future......
That seems a little high to me, if a person smokes a pack a day thats 20 cigarettes I think, thats 140 days off your life each day. You would be dead a couplemonths after you started smoking.;)

I'm just giving you a hard time, It may be 7 minutes off your life for every smoke, that sounds a little more reasonable. Either way it isn't good for you.

Luckily my Scent Lok cigarettes ADD 7 days to my life for every one I smoke, at least thats what the package says and they would never lie to me!!!!!:D:D

Dr Andy 09-11-2007 08:09 PM

ORIGINAL: fillae

ORIGINAL: Lefty26

I smoke scent lok carbon activated cigarettes and never have a problem with the deer smelling me:D:D
The jokes on you because you'll never be able to heat that cigarette up enough to reactivate the carbon.;)
Sure you can! Just throw em in the dryer! Says so right on the pack!
Seriously there was a brand way back that had carbon in the filters!

Ben / PA 09-11-2007 08:55 PM

Bigcountry has it. I think that if it is a scent that is a common everydaysmell, like hunting a suburban situation, then it is not as big of a deal. On the flip side, head up on the mountain or hike to the center of a farm tract, and lit one up and it can ruin your day.

Arthur P 09-11-2007 09:19 PM

Seriously there was a brand way back that had carbon in the filters!
Yup. Tareytons had the charcoal filter. The gang I hung out with decided it'd be a good idea for us to switch to them because we thought the charcoal would filter out more of the bad stuff. Then we saw an article in a magazine that ranked cigs on how much tar and nicotine they had and guess what... Tareytons were right on top of the list as worst. Only ones worse were straight unfiltered Camels and Lucky Strikes.

Went back to Marlboros. Good ol' charcoal filtering. LOL

I quit 'em when they went up to 55 cents a pack. Don't have a clue what cigs go for now.