Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Heart ~ Liver

Old 09-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Heart ~ Liver

My Dad always likes the heart.He has prepared it multiple ways. So far hehas stuffed the heart and baked it, sliced itand fried it with onions, andsliced it up andpickled it. I've had it fried with onions and pickled. Both make good table fare.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've had pickled and sliced and fried with onions etc..the stuffed sounds interesting post up a recipe!
Old 09-11-2007, 09:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

When my grandfather was alive I kept the liver and heart for him. I've never eaten the heart and I don't like liver. Now I'm not sure what to do with the heart but I keep the liver to train my blooding tracking dog.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Heart-First thing we eatsliced and fried in butter and onion with a little garlic salt YUM YUM!!!!!!! I hate liver!!!!!
Old 09-11-2007, 12:37 PM
BKE
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: WakeCow

My dad will always boil the heart and slice it up for sandwichs. Its actually pretty good.
There ya go, WakeCows got it. I hate liver but mydad loved liver and onions so he did that also. Someone mentioned using the heart for chili and it sounds good, going to add it to the "recipe to try list".
Old 09-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can't stand liver. But young deer hearts are really good. I cut out the valves and dice it up with mushrooms and onions and saute in butter. Man that is good stuff.

I've pulled a couple out still slightly pumping and right onto the cutting board.

Tom
Old 09-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

personnaly i dont, but i have had fried heart someone else fixed one time, i was surprised, it was yummy!
Old 09-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Spike

I have pickeled the heart,and I have fried the liver with onions or have used it to make a 'pata'. If you are not using the heart or liver you don't know what your missing. That's assuming you eat beef/chicken or other organs.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've even heard of folks who eat the kidneys..Never tried that.

I asked How do ya cook'em?? They say it's easy get some water and boil the piss out of'em.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

I've even heard of folks who eat the kidneys..Never tried that.

I asked How do ya cook'em?? They say it's easy get some water and boil the piss out of'em.
LOL

I heard that you weren't supposed to eat the organs...due to pesticide use, etc.
My parents keep asking me for the liver, but I have yet to take any to them. Is it safe?

Quick Reply: Heart ~ Liver

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.