Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pa. archery hunters...you ready? >

Pa. archery hunters...you ready?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pa. archery hunters...you ready?

Old 09-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Pa. archery hunters...you ready?

Just wandered if you are all ready for sept.29th? If so good if not what all you need or got to do yet.Do you have a certain buck picked out you want to hunt for if so post some pics if you got them.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Pa. archery hunters...you ready?

I'm ready, just waiting for my special access list.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

to continue I am healing from shoulder surgery lowered my bow to 50 pounds and can finally shoot but not for long. Im hoping to make it the 1st day. I got some nice buck Im ready to hunt!! Other than that my stands are in year around and i got lots of pictures of them im pumped!
Old 09-10-2007, 01:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I’ve got to be ready for the 15th early doe season. While I have seen a few good size shooter bucks around my areas, I really don’t carry much faith in scoring on one at the beginning of the season. They are off their summer patterns and still mostly nocturnal.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:09 PM

I am ready for the day. I have had a nice 8 point hanging around my stand at least 4 times a week. Nice size tracks in the mud by the pond too. Can't wait for the opener.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea as soon as they rub the velvet off they go nocturnal at my farm too! I get nice pictures all summer long then I have trouble finding them in season!
Old 09-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, I'm definitely ready. Stands are hung, bow is sighted in and tuned, most of my work at camp is done.Only thing Istill have to do as of now is go through inventory on everything for my hunting pack, wash all my clothes and store in scent proof storage, slightly move 2x stand locations, setup 2x ground blinds that will stay up all season, and tonight I have a new gibblet string/cable to install on the hunting bow. My girlfriend thinks I'm absolutely crazy because I can barely sit still with all the anxiety.

I truly can't wait to get into the woods this year. This morning when I walked to my car to drive to work, the air smelled like fall.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

awsome matt... My wife always tells me im crazy and i guess i am when it comes to hunting!!
Old 09-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heh, too funny.

I was actually in York this last weekend helping a buddy put a new roof on a house he just bought.Saturday morning we got up early to work at 6am (started early to avoid the heat), anyhow I was on top of the roof and saw a heck of a buck eating corn out of his neighbors garden. This was right off north sherman street in the suburbs!!
Old 09-10-2007, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

lots of deer around there...especially down around the new central high school

Quick Reply: Pa. archery hunters...you ready?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.